Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > The Hidden Attic > Archived Challenges > O-Zone Challenges
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

O-Zone Challenges Get out of the box & into the O-zone! Blog challenges

Old 11-05-2007, 05:00 PM
txmom2two

Default O'So Thankful Collab kit challenge

Developing an attitude of gratitude...
It's easy to fall into a trap, where everything is "bleck" and nothing goes "right" but in reality, there are many things, we can be grateful for in our worlds.

Think about it this way - what people, places or things have made a difference in your life? What are you thankful for - and would miss the most - this fall (or spring for our down under friends)? What sends warm feelings through your soul/spirit when you think about it? -- kind of like the feeling you get when you drink a cup of hot beverage in front of a roasting fireplace...warm, toasty and comfortable.

Is it your family? Scrap a family picture and journal about what makes your family, or family members special. What do you love about them? (hint hint...take one during the upcoming holiday season, leave a "blank spot" for it, put the journaling in now, and add the picture when you get it...) Here are some great tips you can use when taking your family pictures.
  • Move the subject(s) to a better location, elevation, lighting, or angle. Try setting the camera up high and setting the timer to get an overhead shot. If indoors, make sure the lighting is as natural as possible.
  • Have the subject(s) head face a different direction than their body.
  • Wait for sun, clouds, or wind to change (if outdoors). Squinting, hair blowing and shadows can really damper a good photo.
  • Keep the subject(s) in the same location while the photographer moves, thus completely changing the background and foreground objects within the shot.
  • For a more studio like photo, arrange people by couples and create a "triangle" with their faces. (tall & short or sit & stand, etc)
  • Creating a natural frame with the subject within can be quite effective. There are many opportunities to position your subject(s) so they appear framed by tree branches, a hole in a rock, or any open structure like a gazebo.
  • For creative ideas on taking unique family photos, look through magazines and photo books. You will surely find something to inspire you.
  • Take LOTS of photos!
Maybe family gatherings aren't in your immediate future -- what other things warm your spirit on a cold, gloomy day?

Are you thankful for the animals in your life? Why not document their importance along with a few pictures.

Is there someone special, a "family member you picked" rather than got by "genetics?" Why not talk about that relationship. Here's a chance to document their importance in your life, and why you are grateful for them. - and what they have done in your world.

Other things you can be grateful for...
...friends - those who can be called any time, day or night, with a problem.
...activities - maybe there's something you do, like take a hike, or go for a jog, that you are grateful that you can do...
...colors - maybe you know, when you need a pick me up, you just need to add some yellow or orange or even purple into your world...

What are you grateful for this month? The Cheery-O's want to know!
(BTW...we're grateful for you, the Oscraps community!)
Old 11-06-2007, 01:22 PM
txmom2two

Here is a recent family photo we took just this past weekend. I SO did not follow any of the rules, but i wanted to have Dad's truck in the photo, which was facing the sun and we were all squinting with harsh shadows. !! We could have gone to the other side, but i was worried about traffic in the street. So, this will have to do for now! I still like it though.

http://www.oscraps.com/gallery/showp...2766&nocache=1
Old 11-16-2007, 10:14 AM
I Love TaylorMadeDesigns
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I have a great picture to use for this challenge!! Hopefully the girlies will cooperate this afternoon!!

Krista ... aka ... Myoldanlac
Old 11-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Obviously Obsessed!

Here's mine. Fun kit!
http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sho...=23270&cat=716
Old 11-17-2007, 12:32 AM
...loves her some "O"
Ozone's Official Oracle

of course, I'm thankful!!!!! especially for this one...

sally's babe

Old 11-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Here's mine.
http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sho...00/ppuser/5782

My Gallery
Old 11-18-2007, 10:32 PM
I Love TaylorMadeDesigns
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Dang I forgot to link mine up

http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sho...hp/photo/23352

Krista ... aka ... Myoldanlac
Old 11-22-2007, 01:26 AM
Outta This World!

Default Forever Thankful

What a fun challenge! You can see mine here:
http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sho...=23626&cat=723

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Old 11-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Outta This World!

What a beautiful kit. Something I am thankful for every day and gratitude for medical technology.
http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sho...00/ppuser/7988
Old 11-25-2007, 01:59 PM
txmom2two

Keep em coming! I am loving these layouts ladies!