Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Challenges - Current :: > Designer Challenges
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Designer Challenges Here you will find our Designer Spotlight Challenges, and designer based challenges

Old 04-17-2017, 10:10 AM

O is my home!

Smile Scrap 50 - 275 Photos Challenge @ Joanne Brisebois Designs!!

Welcome to the Scrap 50 part of this challenge!

If you like a challenge that puts "challenge" back in the challenge lol, then this is definitely the challenge for you!

Last month we scrapped 25 photos - this month we're going to double that number. Now, don't run away just yet lol! There are many different manageable ways we can approach this challenge and these strategies (plus a little time and determination) will give you everything you need to get your 50 photos scrapped by the end of the two weeks.

For everyone new joining this challenge, click here (10), here (15) and here (25) to see the first three parts of the 275 Photos Challenge.

Just like the Scrap 10, 15 & 25 challenges from the previous months, your challenge over the next two weeks is to be inspired by (and scrap) 50 photos - these can all come from the same day or can span decades. These 50 photos can be scrapped on one single page or can be celebrated over a series of pages - your choice! Feel free to use multiple themes too!

If you're like me I need to have a plan of action that can help break this task into more manageable steps. Here are a set of "formulas" of different combinations of photos (and mask/quick pages sets) that will get you to 50 photos:

• 50 (single page - not for the faint of heart lol, but definitely achievable)
  • 25 + 25 (two pages)
  • 10 + 15 + 25 (three pages)
  • 10 + 10 + 15 + 15 (four pages)
  • 5 + 15 + 15 + 15 (four pages)
  • 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 (five pages)

For a little more guided inspiration, you can do what I did for my Scrap 50 layout and be inspired by the story starter "50 times I/We. . .". Find 50 photos from 50 different days/months/years and celebrate the thematic link that joins the photos together. Feel free to create a card, a single layout or series of layouts, or any other project.

New Products

Since we've moved onto bigger numbers in this challenge I've created two new packs that will help get you motivated and scrapping. Both are 30% off for the duration of this challenge!

Still Life Collection: 50 + 75 + 100 Quick Pages Pack

Still Life Collection: 50 + 75 + 100 Masks & Line Frames

If you prefer to work in smaller numbers, pick up the first two packs in this series - also 30% off for this challenge! These two packs will give you everything you need to complete this month's challenge.

Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Quick Pages Pack

Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Masks & Line Frames

Freebie
While I don't have a new freebie this month, I have turned on both freebies from my last two challenges to help get you to 50 photos!

Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Quick Pages Pack Sampler

Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Masks & Line Frames Sampler

The Prizes

Everyone who participates in this challenge will receive a gift coupon for $5 to my shoppe (one coupon per customer).

I am also giving away one $10 coupon to my shoppe to one lucky participant in a random draw at the end of this challenge!

Feel free to use any combination of quick pages or masks from the Still Life Collection (including freebies)or any other products from my shoppe, then post your masterpiece(s) in my gallery here by midnight EST on Sunday, April 30th, 2017.

Don’t forget to come back to this thread to post a link to layout, so that we can leave you some love!

Feel free to submit as many layouts as you like! The more you enter, the greater your chances will be to win the $10 coupon!

Last edited by joannebrisebois; 04-17-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:31 AM
Official Occupant

I want to share one personal observation. For one of the challenges this month I made A Tree of Life of my tomcat using amazing Joanne's kit "Petites Histoires", if you aren't checked it yet you should do it. And I was surprised how less photos I have for 5 years.
I don't want to be like my friend obsessed from Instagram, which take pictures of every meal, but obviously too often I'm missed to captured some of the precious little moments that we are had. I mean it shouldn't be so difficult to find 10 photos for 5 years. This is a little lesson that I learned for myself this month and I want to thank you, Joanne!

Outside of this, I'm excited about the 50 challenge and I'm almost ready with my my choice of photos, but will need small time, first to finish other project. I'll make 25 + 25 (two pages).
Old 04-17-2017, 12:10 PM
Obviously Obsessed!

Thanks for pointing out Petites Histoires Felis! I love that look and plan to use it for part of my 50 photos!
Old 04-17-2017, 12:18 PM
Official Occupant

Hello, Barbara ! I would love to see more interpretation of this wonderful series, I saw it first from Joanne and fell in love.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:41 PM

O is my home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felis View Post
I want to share one personal observation. For one of the challenges this month I made A Tree of Life of my tomcat using amazing Joanne's kit "Petites Histoires", if you aren't checked it yet you should do it. And I was surprised how less photos I have for 5 years.
I don't want to be like my friend obsessed from Instagram, which take pictures of every meal, but obviously too often I'm missed to captured some of the precious little moments that we are had. I mean it shouldn't be so difficult to find 10 photos for 5 years. This is a little lesson that I learned for myself this month and I want to thank you, Joanne!

Outside of this, I'm excited about the 50 challenge and I'm almost ready with my my choice of photos, but will need small time, first to finish other project. I'll make 25 + 25 (two pages).
I adore your layout of your sweet tomcat - it's so whimsical and creative - a perfect example of all the different ways I imagined Petites Histoires could be used!

I have no shortage of travel and special occasion photos from the days I bring my larger sized camera with me, but I find that I really don't take a lot of everyday photos. This challenge has also been a lesson for me too lol. This year I've been trying to use my camera phone for those little moments. It's never too late!

I'm so excited you are joining this challenge! I am currently working on 25+25 pages too!
Old 04-17-2017, 12:43 PM

O is my home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorgal View Post
Thanks for pointing out Petites Histoires Felis! I love that look and plan to use it for part of my 50 photos!
I can't wait to see how you use it in this challenge!!
Old 04-17-2017, 10:22 PM
On my way!

Wow!...
No, actually it was easier than I thought. But half-way through I realised I should have kept that "theme" for the 100 photos you will no doubt ask us to scrap soon... Oh well, I will have to figure out something else then!
I went for 5 times 10 photos since I had 5 main destinations (I could have easily done 5 times 20). Please let me know if you want me to upload each page separately. I realise it is a bit on the small scale, but it's late and that's all I'll do tonight! (But I can separate tomorrow

http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sho...r-2005&cat=702

I was going to embellish a bit and then I realised I really like the sober look of the QP. So I deleted the elements.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:17 AM

O is my home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01lousmith View Post
Wow!...
No, actually it was easier than I thought. But half-way through I realised I should have kept that "theme" for the 100 photos you will no doubt ask us to scrap soon... Oh well, I will have to figure out something else then!
I went for 5 times 10 photos since I had 5 main destinations (I could have easily done 5 times 20). Please let me know if you want me to upload each page separately. I realise it is a bit on the small scale, but it's late and that's all I'll do tonight! (But I can separate tomorrow

http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sho...r-2005&cat=702

I was going to embellish a bit and then I realised I really like the sober look of the QP. So I deleted the elements.
WOW!!!! These are incredible pages and I love how you left the pictures shine without extra elements. You have inspired me to put together a travel album just like this!
Old 04-18-2017, 07:22 AM

O is my home!

My first full page with 50 photos. I picked an easy theme - Disney - and with only a few folders of photos to look through I was able to choose the photos quickly and had this page scrapped in just a few hours. I have photos in this layout from 2005, so the reduced quality and small sizes worked perfect with this quick page. I've printed a lot of these photos over the years, but I love seeing so many of them on one page.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:49 AM
On my way!

What a fantastic page Joanne! And you tackled 50 in one page very well! I was curious as to how it would look, and it is perfect!

Sorry my post last night was a bit to the point! It was getting late.
I intend to do a journal page (a bit like what you have for yours) to go opposite each page of 10 photos. That will make 5 double pages. On that side of the page, I can go "all out" with a background paper and some brushes etc. Unfortunately, that will go on the backburner for now, as I have something else to complete first!
Looking forward to seeing everyone else's 50 photos!!