Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Challenges - Current :: > Designer Challenges
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Designer Challenges Here you will find our Designer Spotlight Challenges, and designer based challenges

Old 01-16-2017, 08:15 AM

O is my home!

Smile WINNERS ANNOUNCED! Scrap 10 - 275 Photos Challenge @ Joanne Brisebois Designs!!

**ETA: Check out my blog here and here for two tutorials to help you scrap with multi-photo quick pages!**

275 Photos Challenge

To celebrate my 10 years of designing I had to go BIG. I wanted a challenge that would inspire me to sift through hundreds of photos quietly tucked away on my hard drive. Photos that rarely see the light of day, though the memories behind them are constantly revived in stories my family tell over & over again.

My Theme: I had the idea to create an album that would celebrate another special anniversary coming up later this year - my 15th wedding anniversary. 15 years of photos & stories + a goal to scrap a minimum of 275 photos - overwhelming to say the least, but a challenge I'm excited to take on.

Your Theme: Be inspired by a single trip or a lifetime of travels & vacations - a series of layouts or an album that will finally give you a one-stop place to show off all or some of your favourite adventures. Or use this challenge to share your experience as a mom/grandmother/wife/partner/sister/ aunt/friend as your celebrate the people you love most. This challenge is also the perfect opportunity to begin organizing and archiving those piles of heritage photos as you begin to create a family tree/history album. Art, hobbies, work, holidays & special occasions - your theme is waiting for you somewhere on your hard drive or in your printed photo albums.

Since no one was able to build Rome in one day lol, neither will we! The 275 Photos Challenge will continue to unfold over the next few months. This month we're starting with baby steps - 10 photos. Next month, we'll level up and try our hand at 15 (and so forth)!

By the end of this challenge 275 of your photos (and maybe even more) will hold a place of honor in your layouts, scrapbooks or photo books!

New Goodies

To help ease into this project, I've created two new products to help organize your photos!

Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Quick Pages Pack

Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Masks & Line Frames

These packs + many more of Quick Page albums are all on sale for this challenge. You can find all of these products in the Quick Pages & Albums category in my shoppe.

The Freebie

To get you started, grab this freebie pack of two sample quick pages from the Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Quick Pages Pack. This freebie will be available ONLY for duration of this challenge.

Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Quick Pages Pack Sampler

The Challenge

Your challenge over the next two weeks is to be inspired by (and scrap) 10 photos - these can all come from the same day or can span decades. These 10 photos can scrapped on one single page or can be celebrated over a series of pages - your choice!

For a little more guided inspiration, you can do what I did for my first set layouts and be inspired by the story starter "10 Days of . . .". Find 10 photos from 10 different days and celebrate the thematic link that joins these photos together. Feel free to create a card, a single layout or series of layouts, or any other project.

Use the Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Quick Pages Pack Sampler or any other products from my shoppe, then post your masterpiece(s) in my gallery here by midnight EST on Sunday, January 29th, 2017.

The Prizes

Everyone who participates in this challenge will receive a gift coupon for $3 to
my shoppe (one coupon per customer).

I am also giving away two $10 coupons to my shoppe to two lucky participant in a random draw at the end of this challenge (one coupon per customer)!

Don’t forget to come back to this thread to post a link to layout, so that we can leave you some love!

Feel free to submit as many layouts as you like! The more you enter, the greater your chances will be to win the $10 coupon!

Last edited by joannebrisebois; 01-25-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:06 AM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Arghhhh......

I scrapped for : OSCRAPS - Ange designs
Old 01-16-2017, 11:18 AM

O is my home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timounette View Post
Arghhhh......
lol! The challenge is finally up!!
Old 01-16-2017, 11:35 AM

O is my home!

This is the first set of layouts from my album - my husband & I both chose 10 of our favorite days each from the last (almost) 15 years + a quick memory for each photo. I like these he said/she said layouts and have a bunch more planned for this album.

My Side:

His side:
Old 01-16-2017, 01:27 PM

ah I love this idea Joanne... I'll be back soon

I scrapped for : OSCRAPS - Ange designs
Old 01-16-2017, 01:51 PM
Outta This World!

This is a great idea! I have so many photos that I just "haven't gotten to yet." Good reason to get to them now.

Thanks for the freebie!!
My Blog
Old 01-16-2017, 03:19 PM
Crazy about the "O"

Whoa Joanne!! What a wonderful challenge!! I am off to look for my first 10 photos!!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 01-17-2017, 08:53 AM
Defined + Designed

Obviously Obsessed!

I'm in!!!!
Old 01-17-2017, 09:27 AM
Official Occupant

This is awesome idea! Most of my photos are of flowers and seasons, because I try to keep moments which are ephemeral. A beautiful garden can flourish here! I want to revise my photos from previous years, because the last I feel myself depressed and tired and didn't make more. Oh, even now I have idea for series of not so perfect pics, great! Thank you for the inspiration and the host! I'll post my LO after few days, because I needs from small time.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:43 AM

O is my home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felis View Post
This is awesome idea! Most of my photos are of flowers and seasons, because I try to keep moments which are ephemeral. A beautiful garden can flourish here! I want to revise my photos from previous years, because the last I feel myself depressed and tired and didn't make more. Oh, even now I have idea for series of not so perfect pics, great! Thank you for the inspiration and the host! I'll post my LO after few days, because I needs from small time.
THIS is a wonderful idea! I'm working on a layout of some of the lighthouses we've tracked down over the years and MANY of the photos were taken in such poor light, rain or just at a bad angle. Right now, I have four photos scrapped on a page of 10 and already these photos are looking so much better. There's something about grouping photos on a page or even a series of pages - the colours, energy & significance of the photos get enhanced when they are all working together. I think you'll be surprised at how beautiful your photos really are once they are all together.

Last edited by joannebrisebois; 01-17-2017 at 09:45 AM.