Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > The Hidden Attic > Archived Events > 12 Days of Christmas Holiday Party 2013
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2013, 10:32 AM
...loves her some "O"
Ozone's Official Oracle

Default Day 12 - Recipe exchange!! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!

Ohhhhhh it's the last day of our party, and it's time to discuss food!!
Yep, the holidays are wrapped around food, too!! (see what I did there?)

So, today, I'd love for us all to do a fun recipe swap!!

I've done an example for you...
My mom has made wassail every year at Christmas time as long as I can remember.
The smell and taste and warmth of this wonderful drink just reminds me of my magical time as a child when eating cinnamon rolls for breakfast Christmas morning and warming up with a mug and opening presents by the tree. So wonderful!!

You can download this recipe by clicking on the picture and then right click and save!!!

And here is another example from Sabine! How to build this gorgeous salad...

Let's see what you are eating and drinking this holiday season!! ♥♥♥
Rules:
Scrap a recipe on a 4"x6" digital card (that's 1800x1200 pixels). Preferably with pics of your food!!
Upload the recipe card where we can download it!! (Be sure and put your link here in this thread to be considered for a prize!!)

Additional party rules:

Scrap a card according to the challenge described above~
Use 100% Oscraps products on your layout
As well as in this thread, post your card in the Special O-vents Gallery by Monday, December 31st, 2013
Include a link in this thread to be eligible for one of three fabulous prizes to be awarded to random participants

And most importantly of all - HAVE FUN!!!

Last edited by cellomom; 01-03-2014 at 10:49 AM. Reason: new banner
Old 12-22-2013, 10:50 AM

Ozone's Official Oracle

How fun!!!! I've got a few ideas!

Sara

~ Wonders never cease, if you never cease to wonder. ~ Ziggy
Old 12-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Feeling Owsome at the O!

Off The Hook

Yummie, I hope that my mom will give one of her recipes to me...

Old 12-22-2013, 03:18 PM
O is my home!

I've gone for a scan of a recipe card, one I wish I could still be making. Sometimes I put the source of the recipe on the back of the card, but I don't know where I got this one. You can now find both rum and bourbon ball recipes online.

You can download this recipe by clicking HERE and then right click and save.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Love the O!
Obviously Obsessed!

Soft fennel soup with prawns and plaice

the recipe ...

To make that delicious soup you need

1.2 liters chicken stock • 2 fennel • 1 large potato • 2 onions • 1 clove of garlic • 3 bay leaves • 2 sprigs of thyme • a few sprigs of parsley • 2 star anise • 1 dl cream • 30 g butter (finish) • a dash of olive oil

• 4 plaice • 120g samphire • 1 cup white wine • a knob of butter • pepper • Salt

50g shrimps

• Peel the onions and the garlic. Cut the onions into coarse shreds and garlic into small pieces .
• Heat a casserole and medium heat and drizzle with olive oil.
• Sauté the finely diced onion and garlic pieces .
• Cut the tuft of fine foliage of the fennel and keep it aside . Cut the tubers themselves into large pieces and cook them along with the onions . Stir now and then .
• Tie the bay leaves , the thyme and parsley stems in a bouquet garni - you can use a little kitchen twine .
• Dispose of this 'bouquet garni ' in the pot , along with the star anise .
• Peel the potatoes , cut into chunks and place them in the stew .
• Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables , place the lid slightly tilted on the pot and let the soup simmer for half an hour on a low heat . (Meanwhile, make the fish )
• Remove the herbs and star anise from the pot and mix the fennel soup smooth.
• Take a second pot and pour the soup through a large sieve. That gives you a sophisticated and festive soup .
• Pour a dash of cream into the soup and season with a little freshly milled pepper and a pinch of salt . Stir and taste of the soup has plenty of character . Bring the soup to the boil over a low flame .

For the fish ...
• Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
• Wipe the inside of a roasting pan or baking dish with a little butter.
• Remove the toughest and woody bits of salty samphire. Arrange the samphire on the bottom of the baking dish.
• Cut each half into two plaice fillets. Make an incision in the middle of each piece of fillet meat and fold it in half.
• Arrange the folded plaice top of the samphire and season the fish with a little ground pepper and a pinch of salt.
• Pour a dash of white wine over the fish and cover them with a sheet of aluminum foil. Slide the scale for about 12 to 15 minutes in the oven at 180 ° C.

The finish
• Spoon the tasty cooking liquid from the fish in the soup . Spoon a lump of cold butter and blend the soup until they shine and light foams .
• Sprinkle the tops of the fennel in elegant lint .
• Explain in each soup plate which samphire topped with a plaice. Pile on the fish using a hand peeled shrimps .
• Pour a large spoonful of fennel soup around the piece of fish and work your creation with some fine lint fennel.

That a recipe from one of my favorite cooks in Belgium ... We eat that soup at Christmasday.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:50 PM
...loves her some "O"
Ozone's Official Oracle

super yummy, girlies~!!~!

Old 12-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Official Occupant

Recip of the pie with cream (the text in Russian)

http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sho...cream&cat=1384

Last edited by zotova; 12-23-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:08 AM
Off The Hook

Here is my recipe, a Cake of Kings

Old 12-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Occasionally logs off

Quote:
Originally Posted by marijke View Post
Soft fennel soup with prawns and plaice

the recipe ...

To make that delicious soup you need

1.2 liters chicken stock • 2 fennel • 1 large potato • 2 onions • 1 clove of garlic • 3 bay leaves • 2 sprigs of thyme • a few sprigs of parsley • 2 star anise • 1 dl cream • 30 g butter (finish) • a dash of olive oil

• 4 plaice • 120g samphire • 1 cup white wine • a knob of butter • pepper • Salt

50g shrimps

• Peel the onions and the garlic. Cut the onions into coarse shreds and garlic into small pieces .
• Heat a casserole and medium heat and drizzle with olive oil.
• Sauté the finely diced onion and garlic pieces .
• Cut the tuft of fine foliage of the fennel and keep it aside . Cut the tubers themselves into large pieces and cook them along with the onions . Stir now and then .
• Tie the bay leaves , the thyme and parsley stems in a bouquet garni - you can use a little kitchen twine .
• Dispose of this 'bouquet garni ' in the pot , along with the star anise .
• Peel the potatoes , cut into chunks and place them in the stew .
• Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables , place the lid slightly tilted on the pot and let the soup simmer for half an hour on a low heat . (Meanwhile, make the fish )
• Remove the herbs and star anise from the pot and mix the fennel soup smooth.
• Take a second pot and pour the soup through a large sieve. That gives you a sophisticated and festive soup .
• Pour a dash of cream into the soup and season with a little freshly milled pepper and a pinch of salt . Stir and taste of the soup has plenty of character . Bring the soup to the boil over a low flame .

For the fish ...
• Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
• Wipe the inside of a roasting pan or baking dish with a little butter.
• Remove the toughest and woody bits of salty samphire. Arrange the samphire on the bottom of the baking dish.
• Cut each half into two plaice fillets. Make an incision in the middle of each piece of fillet meat and fold it in half.
• Arrange the folded plaice top of the samphire and season the fish with a little ground pepper and a pinch of salt.
• Pour a dash of white wine over the fish and cover them with a sheet of aluminum foil. Slide the scale for about 12 to 15 minutes in the oven at 180 ° C.

The finish
• Spoon the tasty cooking liquid from the fish in the soup . Spoon a lump of cold butter and blend the soup until they shine and light foams .
• Sprinkle the tops of the fennel in elegant lint .
• Explain in each soup plate which samphire topped with a plaice. Pile on the fish using a hand peeled shrimps .
• Pour a large spoonful of fennel soup around the piece of fish and work your creation with some fine lint fennel.

That a recipe from one of my favorite cooks in Belgium ... We eat that soup at Christmasday.
Beautiful recipe card... Sounds like a LOT of work to make. I do not know what Salty Samphire is? Guess I'll google it. Ok checked it out sounds VERY interesting... Very common in Europe, unheard of over here.

Last edited by easyeyes4you; 12-25-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Occasionally logs off

Here's my solution for a good recipe: