Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Challenges - Current :: > Designer Challenges
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Designer Challenges Here you will find our Designer Spotlight Challenges, and designer based challenges

Old 09-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Outta This World!

Default Trendy Button Challenge: Set The Scene! September 2013 from CBD

September 2013 challenge theme: Set The Scene!

What this challenge is all about…

Hello and I am Amber Button from Crafty Button Designs found exclusively here on Oscraps. So the challenge will start the first Monday of the month and end the Sunday before the first Monday of the next month. I will choose one winner and they will receive a $5 gift card to our Oscraps shop.HERE!

This challenge will be different every month, but it will always be about design, scrapbooking, and Journaling trends. Each month we will give you a chance to explore a trend. (For example, washi tape, pockets, colors, floral etc.) Maybe one you’ve mastered or maybe it will be one you’ve been afraid to try. There will always be some kind of freebie to aid you in creating your entry and I will always provide some inspirational examples created by myself or the CBD creative team.

The Rules…

The rules may change from one challenge to another but for this month’s September’s 2013 Setting The Scene challenge, the rules are as follows:

This month’s challenge is all about using your layout to depict a realistic scene. For example, If you use a cork corkboard texture as your background, add a wooden frame around it and add photos, sticky notes, polaroids, photobooth style photos, staples, tape, pins, ephemera, and the like with large realistic drop shadows, you will have “set the scene!” This challenge has some great freebies that allow you to create realistic scenes for your layouts!

50% of your entry must be from Crafty Button Designs shop HERE. (For this challenge you can use the freebie for this but there are TONS of awesome and inexpensive items in our shop)
100% of your entry must be from Oscraps so dig into your O’Stash or visit the freebies section of the Oscraps shop!
You do not have to use the freebie pack I have linked here, but you may not use only the freebie items. I want you to get creative and get into your own stash or visit the shop.

Post your entry in our Crafty Button Designs Oscraps Gallery HERE and here to this thread to help inspire your fellow Oscrappers just please don’t forget to credit the items and shops used in your entry. For this challenge, entries MUST BE POSTED by 11:59PM Pacific Standard time on Sunday October 6th. Be creative and have fun! I can’t wait to see the entries!

Here's the freebie for this month's challenge, get it from our Dropbox folder HERE.

And here's the challenge sample created by Lindy from the CBD creative team. She will be commenting to this thread with her inspiration and how she created this layout.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Outta This World!

Old 09-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Peace, Love, Art
Off The Hook

Old 09-05-2013, 04:58 AM
Diane

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

here's mine

http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sho...board&cat=1489

thanks for the freebie Amber!!

Old 09-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Ozone's Official Praise Mama

Old 09-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Outta This World!

Great Pages Madi and Lilly! It's as if we're looking at real bulletin boards. I think these layouts are perfect for capturing kind of a recap of each month or explaining your thoughts through sticky notes, adding ticket stubs and real notes from your led etc. It can be really fun!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Obviously Obsessed!

Thank you for the challenge. Here is my page.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Outta This World!

Beautiful page Secima! I love the paper border around the bulliten board!
Old 09-29-2013, 09:35 PM
On my way!

I'm not very good at realistic, but it was fun to try. http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/dat...3-09-gifts.jpg
Old 09-30-2013, 05:08 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

How did I miss this? I needed that chalk font *yesterday*

I am looking forward to an October challenge since this one looked like fun!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery My Blog