SPOTLIGHT :: taylormade designs :: October 11-17
taylormade designs is in the spotlight!
Your Challenge This Week
life... in moderation
The word "moderation" can be defined as balance, composure, patience, and mental calmness. i truly believe that these things can be acquired through 2 things... experience and the willingness to accept the things you learn from those experiences.
I firmly believe that sharing what you have learned through life's twists and turns can be so VITAL to those around you who are going through their own. Not to sell it to them, not to force your enlightenment on them, but to offer a testimony that will give them hope and comfort. And the BEST time to share your newly inherited wisdom is AS YOU GO. In other words... right now... the present... the MINUTE you get through it and give your new outlook its name. While it's fresh on your mind and in your heart. It is then that it is the most powerful.
Untouched by the "gravity" of life, these life lessons create a foundation that will carry you through and prepare for the next; and just as importantly, gives you insight and ability to speak into someone else's chaos... if for no other reason but to let them know they are not alone.
So here's what i want. Create a layout about something you have RECENTLY gone through (or are currently going through) that has either taught you something new... changed your outlook on something or someone... explained a life lesson that has in the past baffled you... repaired a broken heart... or something that was simply HARD to go through, but in hindsight was vital to your life. Then... explain yourself... address someone... your kids, your husband, YOURSELF! Speak of what you have learned, things you have seen, things you were wrong about. Tell what happened, what you learned... or both!
You know me... I just want to see you scrap about REAL LIFE, REAL PEOPLE, and REAL EMOTION. The good, the bad, the ugly... or all of the above! hahaha.
Here's a little something to get you started... your freebie!
in moderation ADD ON kit...
ok... here's the breakdown...
- Scrap about a recent or current REAL LIFE experience using at least one paper/element from the free "in moderation" ADD ON kit... (or better yet... the FULL "in moderation" kit! you can purchase it >> HERE << for 30% off during my spotlight week only!)
- Journaling is a must. (but as always... journal HOW EVER you feel most comfortable... write a novel, sum it all up in one bold statement, make a list, bullet points, it can even be a particular quote that stands out to you... anything goes here. Just be sure to journal something on your layout that is directly related to what you've gone through. )
- Details of your life experience aren't necessarily a must in your journaling (I know some things are just to personal to share with the whole world), but the lesson you learned from the experience IS a must.
- Photos are not required, but if you choose to use one, personal and/or stock photos are permissible
- Scrap as MANY layouts as you wish. (the more layouts you create, the more chances you have to WIN!!!)
- Have fun, dig deep and be expressive!!!
...there will be several different prizes and contests and giveaways
- $3 coupon to my shop
- FREE 'in moderation' ADD ON kit
busy body award...
1 FREE total and complete RAID of my shop!
This award will go to the person who scraps the most layouts during the week.
We have had so much fun in the past with this award and it's just not a taylormade spotlight without it! How many can you do? Can you beat our current champ?? (uh-ehm... who, by the way, did a whopping 31 layouts in 1 week last year!!!!)
Wait... don't panic. hahaha. You don't really *have* to try and do 31 layouts this week... just keep in mind the more you do, the better your chances of winning!! And the prize may be a bit extravagant, but if you scrap that much... you need SUPPLIES!!!!! hahahaha) and if you do win... you ARE NOT allowed to be SHY!! I will be totally traumatized! hahaha. Seriously... when i say RAID, i mean RAID!
personal touch awards
$50 gift certificate to my shop
This award will be given to three different participants. Winning layouts will be determined for 3 different categories...
- most creative
luck of the draw awards
Once the busy body award and the personal touch awards are chosen, all other participants will go into a big raffle with the following prizes up for grabs!
1st place - $25 coupon
2nd place - $15 coupon
3rd place - $10 coupon
ok.. A Few Other Details....
Follow the taylormade requirements (see above!)
Post your layout in the Oscraps Designer Spotlight gallery. Don't forget to list your credits....enable your fellow O-scrapers!
For this challenge, we have two threads you need to post your finished product to.
In this thread
- Come back and post a link to your image (and the pic please if you know how) so we can leave you some lovin' in the comments.
In the Challenge Posting Thread
-- Click here for direct link --
In this thread, use ONE post to track your layouts (this is important).
Create one post that says:
1) (insert link)
2) (insert link)
3) (insert link)
and so on.
Come back to THIS post as you finish a layout and post the link....This will be vital for tracking AND prize awarding!
- Post/upload all layouts by Sunday, Oct. 17, (midnight EST-USA time zone please).
Check out these layouts created by our Cheery-O Team and the TaylorMade Creative Team. You're sure to find some inspiration here!
Last edited by Myoldanlac; 10-11-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Ohhhh ohhh it's here LOVE LOVE LOVE this