Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Challenge Me :: > Designer Spotlight Challenges
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2008, 03:09 PM
O' whip cracker whip
Obviously Obsessed!

Default FAQ for designer Spotlight Challenge

We have been getting a lot of questions and confusion from members with regards to the rules of the designer spotlight challenges. So, I thought I would make a little thread so that you can refer to if you get stuck, or unsure

Why do you require us to use 100% Oscraps products?
The Spotlight is focusing on a new 'featured' designer each week. Often the desinger that is spotlighted will provide a freebie of some sort to help you make your layout or other project, for the challenge. To be eligible for the prize(s) that the designer is providing we ask that you use the designers product, if you have no product of the designer, then do use the sampler provided. If you would like to add more to the project we would prefer you to use Oscraps products that you have in your stash, or purchase in our store. If you have not got any then you are welcome to pick some items in our freebies section of the store there is a vast amount of product there. Oscraps Products must be from a designer who is at that present time (ie, during the Spotlights) selling at the Oscraps store.

When participating in the designer challenge, we ask that you use at least 50% of the designer (who is spotlighted), product (the freebie provided is included) and the other 50% of other Oscraps product.

This is an Oscraps designer challenge, hence the reason we prefer you to use only Oscraps products

Can I use actions?
Yes you can

I have some wordarts/overlays/brushes that I have made myself, can I use them?
You can use any tools that you make yourself. ie not another designers outwith Oscraps. And the product that you use must not be on sale.

To just clarify, to be eligible for the prize you are required to use 100% Oscraps product, at least 50% of the designer featured, and if needed 50% other Oscraps products. You are allowed to add your own work as long as you are not a designer outwith Oscraps. And, you are allowed to run actions.

This is the standard 'rules', if you like, unless the designer featured states otherwise in his/her Spotlight thread.

Why so strict about the credits....
Please make sure you list your credits in the gallery, so everyone can identify what yummy Oscraps goodies you use in your design. No credits, no prize. Sorry. But with o-so many yummy goodies in the store, even the cheery-o's can't id everything immediately....

Honestly, if your layout inspires someone, and they want to know what products you use, they'll look in the credits. Think of it as being a "mini" cheery-O for your favorite designers. You're helping to promote their stuff, to other scrappers, and well, you're just being a good steward of your Oscraps stash.

If you are unsure of anything, please post here and we will answer your questions

Last edited by kaytebug; 05-25-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Thanks Cat!!!!

Huge fan of: All of the FABULOUS "O" Designers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't Everyone???
Old 11-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Only just got here

May I ask, who is the current Designer and when is the deadline??
Old 11-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Here is the link to the current DS....the Designer Spotlight for this week is actually all of our designers in a Collaboration! You can find all the info you need here

Huge fan of: All of the FABULOUS "O" Designers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't Everyone???
Old 11-18-2008, 04:50 AM
Outta This World!

I have a question. When & how are the challenge winners announced?
Old 11-18-2008, 05:06 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I think that the Designers pick and announce the winners. I know I have seen threads in the forums announcing winners.

Good luck!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery My Blog

Old 04-01-2009, 03:38 PM
always chatty at the O!!

Ozone's Official Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
I have some wordarts/overlays/brushes that I have made myself, can I use them?
You can use any tools that you make yourself. ie not another designers outwith Oscraps. And the product that you use must not be on sale.
I am not quite sure what you are saying here.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Official Occupant

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarabear View Post
I am not quite sure what you are saying here.

I think what this means is if you have created something for your own personal use and are not offering for sale somewhere that isn't Oscraps, you can use it.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Only just got here

When we credit do you want us to list the elements we used or can we just list the kit and designer?
Thanks
Old 05-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Off The Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakerbaker78 View Post
When we credit do you want us to list the elements we used or can we just list the kit and designer?
Thanks

Thanks for asking. Here's a great way to do it...

If a collab
Frame & word art, O Brother Designer Collab kit, Oscraps.com

If a specific designer:
Background paper, Muffins for Mom, Danielle Young, Oscraps.com

Does this help?
A Missouri Gal, who has left the heart of Razorback Country to live in the land of Sooners and Cowboys (with a bit of Dorothy tossed in at birth.) There's no place like home! - http://www.myscrappylife.com

Stalking... Vicki Stegall and Sue Cummings; Ali Edwards; Jessica Sprague, Kate Hadfield