Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Chatter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chatter Here's the spot for talking about anything and everything!

Old 01-07-2017, 06:22 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Daily Ooo's: January 7-8: Weekend Edition

Did everyone get to sleep in this morning? I didn't. I think I jinxed myself because I had a really restless night's sleep after several in a row that were good. Oh well, it happens. I

We had yummy lunch together with my mom yesterday. Even though it was *really* cold walking there from the lot we parked at. hen we got back here, I immediately put on my thick fuzzy koala bear slippers. Cait and Gary got them for me for Christmas. They are gray with little ears sticking up over the face. My mom and I had a cup of coffee and chatted a bit. She is still not "right." She seems confused- not with where we are going, or who we are. Not like that. But Caitlyn messed up an order for Sephora after Christmas. She placed the order but forgot to use her gift cards. we asked my mom who lives 5 minutes from the mall if she could return them, get cash back and then she would re-place the order using the cards. My mom was not getting it, she kept wanting to take the gift card, thinking it was either a rewards card or a credit card. Then she thought she needed Caitlyn's debit card to put the money back into her account.

Maybe this is just her not being familiar with how debits cards word since she doesn't have one. I hope it isn't anything more than that.
And pfft. She *still* won;t see a Dr and doesn't even try to respond to us when we say something about it.
*trying not to worry*

Today I need to tidy the downstairs a bit. The kids are having their New Years party here tonight. They said it might be about 16 people (ack!) but you know these things go, a lot of people will back out at the last minute.
Then off to the food pantry to see if they have PB, coffee, and eggs.

And yes, I am still fighting with my computer. This time it is software related. I used ACDsee to zip up all of my .psd LOs and then deleted the files to make room. I realized that I needed some of the LOs of my godson for his Birthday album, but when I when to unzip them, the files were all corrupted. I have 3 zips for each year- 2014-2106- and all of them are gone. I am able to restore them from out back up, but dang that is taking long. I will use 7-zip that come with the computer but I won;t delete anything until I unzip them to make sure they aren't corrupted. I never had a problem zipping files inACDsee before.

That is all I have going on today. It doesn't sound like a lot, but I am sure it will take me all day to do it.

Hope that your day is more exciting than mine, but only in good ways.

~~Chris~~ My Gallery My Blog

Old 01-07-2017, 06:40 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Nancy- g'morning! How are you and the boys (including Luther there, of course!) today? Are you supposed to get snow again today? We are supposed to get snow shower, and all the way in South Jersey, I see they might get 4-8".
Luther must have been in heaven seeing all of his puppy friends.
How exciting to see the US win in a SO!

Trudy- Oh no. Sorry to hear that the coughing is making you bonkers. Did they give him anything for it/ I know that Drs are advising to not take cough meds as much as they used to. But my goodness, everyone needs to get sleep.
This cold is so freaking crazy- it seems to start the same way and never go away. At night, I am still coughing although nowhere near as bad as it had been. If you hit your Gary on the head, don't do it too hard. You don't want to get blood on the carpet

Rea- how did everything work out with the computer? Hope that it is all set up and home.
My BFF loves that show too, and she and her DD are now country fans.
I would be sad too if my kids end up drifting apart. I don't think they will but you never know.

Angi- I am not sure what I would rather do, chaperone a dance or deal with fighting siblings at home! Hope that you were able to stay in and stay warm.
In NJ, state universities have an almost 100% acceptance rate of credits from CC's. Most private schools in-state will also take most if not all which makes it so much easier. That sounds horrific about losing all of your credits and having to start fresh.

To everyone who come by-- hugs!!!

Old 01-07-2017, 08:55 AM
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

good morning - it is snowing here and it is sticking as it is cold. But Luther could not be happier! We had a great walk and he saw his doggie friends, Magnum and Sophie and then met new Mooki and Sasha. How fun for him. Mooki and he walked a ways together and had fun! Last night was fun as I got some of my past Devils autographs and had some nice conversations. The ceremony before the game to honor the original owner was awesome and short. The game though was lost in the first period. My goalie gave the puck away while on the power play to allow a short handed goal. Really! They came back in the 3rd period to score two goals but a little late. Tonight the Devils play the Edmonton Oilers and young fast team. I can only hope they remember the game starts at 7pm.

Chris sorry you sleep was so restless. But you had a great lunch so that is awesome! Sorry to hear about your mom. You can't make them go to a doctor. Luckily your dad is there to help. Your slippers sound nice and warm. From what my weather man says you should not get much snow.

Trudy I hope your MG is doing much better today. Coughing at night is just the pits for both the cougher and listener. Bet you had a great talk with Heather and Mason.

Rae what great news about your computer. You must be so excited. How is your weather? I am seeing that the west coast of the US is getting socked with rain and snow. Is it coming up to your area?

Angi that choice is almost like not a choice. Fighting siblings is no fun. My DH is the chairman a biology dept and he is always having to deal with students coming in and determining if the previous classes meet the requirements of his department. Always good to know before hand if they will count. I think for his university if the person coming in has an associates degree then all the core course are waved. It always comes down to what is best for your child.

To all have a great day and stay warm!
Old 01-07-2017, 10:26 AM

O is my home!

Good morning, ladies. We didn't get the expected snow, now it's pushed back until next wkend. Hope the forecast changes again b/c next Saturday I'll be heading downtown in the early morning, to attend the Gluten Free Expo. Today is going to be a quiet day. We'll head over to the dog park later and then Darrell can grab takeout for lunch. I have chicken and salad in the fridge for me. I'm doing well on the WW so far. This wk I am down 6 lbs which is pretty normal for the first week (I've done this a few times before). I picked up my pre-order from the GF bakery yesterday and am excited to try the gluten free perogies for dinner tonight. I wouldn't get them all the time b/c they are expensive but what a nice treat this will be. I also got a GF cheese bagel to have this morning. Yum.

Picked up my computer from the maufacturer yesterday and dropped it off at our computer guy's place. He will load and configure some things for me. I'm expecting to pick it up next week. Then my work starts, having to load everything and organize photos and folders and stuff. I'll be getting ACDSEE too so I hope I like it for tagging my digi stuff.

Chris - hope nothing is wrong with your mom. Maybe its just a bit of "old people brain". Not anything serious, just a periodic random brain fart here and there. I get them. Sometimes I forget things and later wonder how the heck could I have forgotten that.
Hope the kids' party isn't too noisy.

Nancy - sounds like a good time for you last night (even though your team lost). As for our weather, we keep missing the storms they have been predicting. Fingers crossed that next wkend's predicted storm will pass us by too. Still cold and 6" of snow on the ground and lots of ice.

I'm going to go toast up my bagel now. Have a great day, everyone.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Morning ladies... I slept until 9am!! I haven't done that for years!! Guess the fact that DH never coughed all night made all the difference in the world! He was ups very early, but I never heard a thing. He let me just sleep and when I woke up I couldn't believe what time it was! Now I feel like I am so far behind in everything that I usually do in the mornings, but who cares I had a great sleep!!

Chris - Yes I totally get that those great sleeps don't last too long, but I bet your feel so much better for the great sleeps that you did get! Hopefully you will have an amazing sleep tonight, but probably not if you will be having a house full of partiers at your place! I hope you all have a fun time! As for your Mom? Well hopefully it is like Rae says and its just a brain fart!! My MIL is in total denial about all things tech. The other day when MIL land FIL were here for a quick visit, we started talking about our property assessment that arrived in the mail that day. Well we told them that our assessment had gone way up and FIL was totally confused about just what the assessment was for. He kept saying that we didn't even pay that much for our house?? WTH are you kidding me I wish we only paid what our assessment increase was, we wouldn't have a Mortgage payment at all!! He just did not get it, then he thought it was what we were going to have to pay for property taxes No its not that either!! Now we are really worried about him, perhaps its the meds for his Shingles?? Who knows but after all he is 82 almost 83 now. Never a dull moment around here , but we worry what will happen to them in the next few years!

Nancy - We did not get the snow that you saw, and I am so glad!! It is beautifully sunny here right now, but very chilly. I can't say that it is cold, cold was when we lived on the Prairie, this is not cold!! Although everyone who has lived here all their lives thinks its like the North Pole !! How fun for you to watch Luther have such a great time with all of his buddies!! Makes for such a nice walk for the two of you! You always have such a great time at your Devil's functions also, you are a lucky woman!! Enjoy!!

Rae - I wish I had the $ to go over to that GF Expo!! It would be so interesting!! I am heading over to the WW site today and signing up for the online thing! I have been on WW many times before, but really struggled the last time I was on it. DH is not helpful at all and continues to want to go back to our old unhealthy way of eating I just have to be more determined this time and he will eat what is put in front of him or he won't eat!! Either that or he can make it himself right?? Let me know how the GF perogies turn out, I love them and it would be a great treat! I have some GF bagels, but disappointed in the way that they taste, they are just plain ones though and perhaps the cheese would make them taste a bit better! Hope you have a great weekend!

Ok I have rambled on here way too long and I need to get some food in my stomach, I hope that you all have an amazing Saturday and that you get to do something fun today!! I will be out grocery shopping and looking for a new watch for DH, his totally died the other day and he is lost without it!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 01-08-2017, 05:40 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Happy Sunday to all!

Today is my mom's 75th birthday.
I woke up this morning with this feeling of dread, however. I feel like she knows there is something not right and she is trying very hard to convince herself and us that it's all good. Maybe I was just sleepy and non-caffeinated. *shrug* I hope that is all it was.

I spent so much more of my day trying to figure out what was up with my zip files. It was made much worse that I couldn't remember which files I unzipped/re-zipped and where I put them all. I would get one set of files zipped, and then unzip them to make sure that this set of zips were not corrupted. I would go off and do laundry or vacuum while I was waiting and then have *no* idea of what Window/Folder/etc where I was at. Maybe if I had just written down what I was doing I would be better off. But I have way more confidence in my short term memory than I should have haha!!!

Today I am going to do prep work for the upcoming week. And if I am still not sure of what is happening to my zips I am going to start fresh, and write stuff down!

Hope that you all have a super day!

Old 01-08-2017, 05:56 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Nancy- it is soooo cold here too. It snowed like crazy most of the day but it was super fine and didn't amount to much accumulation.
Awww, how sweet that Luther keeps making new friends! Hope the Devils did better last night than they did the night before.

Rae- I am keeping my fingers crossed that the snow passes you by next weekend too. A GF Expo sounds like it will be very helpful for you. I am guessing that the give out samples? That would be nice since GF is so expensive.
Are you getting the Regular ACDSee 20 or the Pro version? I am still figuring out the "upgrades" on the new version.

Trudy- yay for sleep!! That is great news that your hubs didn't cough all night. He must be feeling better. Is he ready to go back to work tomorrow? (Are you ready/happy that he is going to work tomorrow? )
Thanks to you all for the input on my mom. It could be medicine-related. I think she said that something that she takes for gout can do that to memory. She definitely has it together on some things. I have been talking to her and my dad about the kids' Mutual Funds that they use to pay for college. The stock market has been really high and I worry about what will happen in the near future. She called their financial planner, told her what my concerns were, and got right back to me on what she said. That was technical and not something that she is used to dealing with and it went fine so maybe it is just momentary types of brain farts as you mentioned.

Good for you and Rae with WW! I am looking forward to the new healthy forum here. I am sure that will be a boost for all of us.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:05 AM

good morning - busy morning as I slept until 8 am and it felt good. Well my Devils did play better and lost in OT 2-1. The Oilers are a very good team. Conor McDavid is awesome but my player Miles Wood scored and his speed was awesome so there is hope for my Devils in the future! It snowed all day but made it to the game with no problem. The snow was gorgeous and I think we got about 4 inches. This morning though was cold 15 degrees and some wind chill but still it was fun out on the walk this am. Now Luther is at the dog wash. Today is football and hockey. Giants are playing Green Bay so should be a fun game and cold!

Chris it is so cold. Happy Birthday to your Mom. That is awesome! Have a great day with her!

Trudy so glad that you got sleep and that your DH is doing so much better. It is hard with parents as they get older which always makes me worry about how I will be for my kids when I get to this point. My kids always tease me that they will be one selecting my old age home so I had better be nice. I have had shingles and it is not fun! I hope he feels better soon.

Rae congrats on no new snow and I hope it passes you by next weekend too! The GF Expo sounds great for you! That is awesome how well WW is going!

Congrats to Rae and Trudy on doing WW and hope it goes well. Trudy yes if he does not like what you prepare he can make his own.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-08-2017, 10:18 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Morning ladies... It snowed just a bit last night, enough to cover the grass, but it will be gone by this afternoon as its supposed to turn to rain. DH and I were out looking for a new watch yesterday and ran into my nephew Jordan (from Australia) It was so great to see him, looking so fit and happy!! His poor wife though is having a hard time coping with the cold weather, she has never experienced winter weather in her life. She was not feeling very good and ended up running up to the hospital to be checked out. Turns out she has a kidney infection, poor thing, but will now be feeling soon as they have pumped her full of antibiotics and hopefully she will be feeling much better for the ski trip that they are going on this coming week. They are getting together with our son and his family today and will meet up with them on the hill on Monday or Tuesday. It will be great for them to be together, as our kids were very close when they were growing up. It makes my heart happy to know that they will be enjoying each others company! I only wish that Heather and her family could also join them.

Chris - Hard not to worry about your Mother, but I bet it is just a combination of some of her meds and the fact that we tend to have brain farts all the time as we age ! You are a great daughter to be concerned for her though Yes I am very ready for my hubby to be back at work, I love the man, but I love my alone time in the house also! He knows it too and has apologized for being in my hair so much. Guess I should be getting ready for more of it as I am sure he will want to retire in 2 years or so. Perhaps earlier, he just doesn't know yet. Oh and so much for my great sleep, last night I tossed and turned while my vertigo was acting up and I had the dizzies most of the night. I think I finally fell asleep just after midnight and then woke up 5 or 6 times during the night. Ugh!! Oh well I knew it couldn't last forever!!

I will sign off here as I need to get some breakfast for myself and the big guy! I hope you all have a fabulous Sunday!!

Old 01-08-2017, 10:19 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Nancy we cross posted, I hope that you and Luther get to enjoy the snow today, keep warm in your nice heated jacket!!