Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Challenges - Current :: > Challenge Explanation, Rules, and Tracking
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2010, 11:21 PM
...loves her some "O"
Ozone's Official Oracle

Default FAQs for Monthly Tracking....

Yup, we are here to HELP you!!! If you don't see your question here in this post, feel free to post in this thread!!

Does it matter which four challenges we complete?
Nope. Just have to complete four of the six qualifying challenges.

Just Remember: Designer spotlights, Merkee's Got It Challenge and the Random, fun challenges that pop up in the chatter thread (like the Avatar or posting challenges) do not qualify for this drawing, since they have their own prize packages. (Thank you for understanding!)

If there is a freebie, will there still be a prize?
Yes, but not for the individual challenge. The prize comes when YOU complete four of the regular challenges and earn ONE entry into the monthly, random drawing. (Complete all six and get a bonus entry!)

If I complete all the challenges in one month, how many times will I be put into the drawing for the coupons?
Two (once for completing the four challenges and a bonus entry for completing all six of them).

How do I track my entries?
Each month, we'll start a "Monthly Challenge Tracker Thread" in the forum. (See example here).
You will create ONE post in the thread (label it Cellomom's {or whatever your username is!!} layouts). As you complete the challenges, go back to this post, edit it, and add the link to your layout in the gallery.

Each month, members who post the links to all of their completed challenges for that month in the appropriate Monthly Challenge Tracker Thread, will be entered into the monthly random drawing for six $5 Oscraps coupons provided by a variety of designers.

A sample post....
Cellomom's August Challenge Layouts
Web Inspiration - (provide the link)
Camera Challenge - (provide the link)
Creative Techniques -(provide the link)
Copycat Challenge - (provide the link)
Color Challenge - (provide the link)
Rotating Challenge - (provide the link)

Total Points for the Month {}

Remember - 4 layouts = 1 entry; 6 layouts = 2 entries in the random, monthly drawing.

Can I make one layout that qualifies for more than one challenge?
Sorry, but no. The object of this challenge series is to get you scrapping....and, well, to keep it even, and reward everyone the same, we ask that you create A SINGLE layout per challenge. That means, you'll create four amazing layouts, to get one entry into the contest (or six to earn your bonus entry).

Think of it this way, even if you only create for the challenges, you'll make up to six layouts a month (that means 72 awesome layouts at the end of the year!)

Again 1 page = 1 challenge; 2 pages in one challenge does not = 2 challenges.

If I don't get enough challenges done one month, will they carry over to the next month?
We're sorry, but no. Unlike ATT (a mobile phone carrier in the US), the Ozone does not feature "rollover" minutes (or layouts).

What happens if I forget to post my links to my pages, but I put them in the challenge gallery?
The individual challenge leaders will do their best to remind you to make sure you have them linked in the right spots (the individual challenge thread and the monthly challenge tracking thread.) But ultimately, we're all adults (well, except for our kid-os), and well, adulthood means being responsible for our actions. In this case, ultimately, YOU are responsible for meeting the requirements for the monthly drawing. (Think of the power in your hands! - insert evil laugh here!)

Last edited by clarabear; 03-06-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:16 PM
On my way!

Do the layouts have to be 100% Oscraps designers to qualify?
Old 04-01-2012, 01:24 PM
O is my home!

Mom2triplets04, you can find the challenges here, http://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=230 , you can check for each challenge what the rules are.

For example, April Rotating challenge: LINK is 80% Oscraps stuff

I hope your question is answered with this. If you have more questions, feel free to ask

Old 04-01-2012, 02:04 PM

Ozone's Official Oracle

I *think* 80% is the blanket requirement, but there might be a 100% in there. (Someone throw something at me if I'm wrong!!!!)

Sara

~ Wonders never cease, if you never cease to wonder. ~ Ziggy
Old 04-01-2012, 02:11 PM
O'chOir extraOrdinaire
Ozone's Official Oracle

I think you're right, Sara ... I'm 99% certain that all the regular monthly challenges require a minimum of 80% Oscraps stuff.

creating for
:♥: My Little Happy Box :♥: One Little Bird :♥: Paislee Press :♥:Ange Designs :♥:
Old 04-01-2012, 02:23 PM
On my way!

okay thanks. Tried to use all Oscraps but needed something and had from another designer to complete page.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:45 AM

Outta This World!

Quote:
If there is a freebie, will there still be a prize?
Yes, but not for the individual challenge. The prize comes when YOU complete four of the regular challenges and earn ONE entry into the monthly, random drawing. (Complete all six and get a bonus entry!)
Hi, I don't quite understand this. I used a couple of freebies in my layouts, doesn't that count as a 'legal' entry for the challenge? Or how should I read this?
Also, I don't understand the 'total points for the month'? I'm very new here for the monthly challenges, first time I completed all 6, thanks for explaining it to me.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:47 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

The freebie would be if there is a specific prize for completing a particular challenge. That doesn't happen very often with the monthly challenges, more with the designer challenges or the special O-vent, like DSD or out Birthday Bash.

Using freebies from the shop is perfectly fine for each LO you submit and doesn't affect the point total at all. Since you have done all 6 challenges, you will get two points, or entries, for the Random Draw at the end of the month. One point is awarded for completing 4 Challenges and an extra point for doing all 6.

Does that make better sense? Let me know if i confused you more. (Its been known to happen )

~~Chris~~ My Gallery My Blog

Old 12-16-2012, 06:15 AM

Outta This World!

Hi, Faeriewings, no no, I understand now, thanks! Just one more question: the 'points' I get for completing all six challenges, is that what I should 'fill in' at my thread, or no? Sometimes people fill in 'points' below their threads...
Old 12-16-2012, 10:48 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Yes, just copy and past the example post in that Monthly thread. Then add you gallery links right there. Then you can add inthe points you got that month at the bottom.

When the month is over and the challenges are closed, the Cheery O's go through the thread and create the list for the random draw based on your point totals. If you can post how many points you get, it makes it so much easier for us.
Thanks so much for asking and I hope I helped.

~~Chris~~ My Gallery My Blog