Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Resources :: > Need Help? Ask here (How to :: Tutorials, tips & tricks)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Need Help? Ask here (How to :: Tutorials, tips & tricks) Ever wonder how someone did what they did? Check here, if it's not here, ask!

Old 11-07-2008, 08:28 PM

Default How to upload layout to the Gallery

Before you begin your uploading process, you want to make sure that your layout is sized properly. You want it to be 72dpi and dimensions should be 600x600. (If you scrap using a size of 11x8.5, just make your width 600 and it should proportionately change your height appropriately.) Also... be sure to check that your layout is 250k or lower in size.

If your layout is any larger than the sizes mentioned above, once you click "Process", it will appear as if it is uploading, but once it finishes your layout will seem to disapper and you will not see it in the gallery. This simply means that your layout was too large and you should resize before attempting to upload again.

Once your layout is sized properly, follow these steps:

First............................................. .................................................. .................................

Then.............................................. .................................................. ................................

Scroll down and then.............................................. .................................................. ...........

Next.............................................. .................................................. .................................

Last.............................................. .................................................. .................................

YAAAAAAY!!!!......... you have just posted your layout and it should now appear in the gallery!

You can then click on the thumbnail of your layout to ensure that it looks the way you want it to. If you see a typo in your description...

First............................................. .................................................. ..................................

Then.............................................. .................................................. .................................

That's it!

Choosing a Designer's Gallery
When choosing a specific designer's gallery to post to, only choose one. There is a 5-layout limit per 24 hours, and if you post one layout to 3 different designer's galleries, that will count as 3 layouts. An alternative would be to post it to the designer's gallery whose products are featured most on your layout. Then, under "keywords" you can type in the other designer's names.

If your layout will not post...
If you click submit to post your layout and it seems to just disappear and does not show up in the gallery, this usually means that your layout size is too large. You will need to resize your layout to the following specifications:
-72 dpi
-no larger than 600x600
-make sure the actual size of your file is 200kb or lower.

For more specific instructions on resizing your layouts in Photoshop, you can see #6 in the following tutorial on my blog that includes screenshots for you.

http://www.taylormade-designs.net/20...ook-pages.html

If you are still unable to get your layout posted after sizing it properly, feel free to CONTACT US with questions!

We are so excited that you have chosen Oscraps for your digital layouts! We can't WAIT to see your creations! Always let us know if you have any questions!!!

Last edited by Amanda1201; 12-07-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Occasionally logs off

Default Thank you!

This tutorial was sooo helpful!! Thank you!!
Old 07-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Only just got here

Smile Yippee..It worked!

Thank you for the advice, I'm up and running now, lol
Old 07-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Only just got here

great tutorial !!!
thanks you

Old 01-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Only just got here

Smile

Awesome tutorial, thank you
(every site does it a little bit differently so this is extremely helpful)

Happy New Year to you all!
Old 09-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Obviously Obsessed!

I seem to have hit a roadblock. I'm in Mac PSE9 and normally use Christy Vanderwall's free action File Save 1 that takes your psd, and makes a 300 dpi 3600x3600 jpeg for printing and then 72dpi jpegs for gallery. I was used to making the default 600x600 a bit larger for another gallery but in trying to make it smaller, I can't seem to get a balance with the pixel size, the <250k overall size and then still keeping the 12x12" size.

I obviously managed the other days I uploaded but really can't get it all together tonight. I'm starting with a 195+MB psd, then my 300dpi print jpeg is 11.9MB. Sadly, since I've had so much ease with the action, I can't recall how to do this manually very well.

So where do I go with that 11.9MB jpeg to get to meet Oscraps upload parameters? tia!

Edited to add: I finally got the steps but geeze, I'm going to email Christy and see if she can help me tweak her action. Does anyone here use it?
PSE15/Lightroom?PSCC/iPhone6 IS my camera!/27" iMac

Last edited by CookingMyLife; 09-11-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Cupcake Ninja
Official Occupant

Hi Maureen - glad you finally got that tweaked enough to get it in. I don't use Christy's action but there is also one other thing I want to mention to you which will help you immensely. When you save your files, instead of a psd, save it as a .tiff file and use LZW compression and save it as a zip. (when you do save as, select the dropdown at the bottom for tiff and when you click save it will give you the option to select the things I mentioned above (the LZW and the zip). Once you do that - go look in the finder and see the difference in file size between the psd and the tiff

Last edited by suezeeq12; 09-12-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Diane

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

hereĀ“s another save for web action

http://www.oscraps.com/shop/product....0&cat=0&page=1

Old 09-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Obviously Obsessed!

I have been trying to upload .jpegs that are 72dpi, 600x600 and under 250kb. When I try to do that the size of the image goes down to much less than a 12x12. I would never try to upload a .psd file. Mine are huge ad I'm sure most of yours are too

Does anyone know if that PaisleePress action works in PSE9? I'm going to try that first, and then maybe go through Suzi's process. eta: the method for PSE9 on a Mac are so much different than the PP instructions for PSE3 on a PC that I'm not going to try and tweak that action. Especially since I don't know how.
PSE15/Lightroom?PSCC/iPhone6 IS my camera!/27" iMac

Last edited by CookingMyLife; 09-20-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Ozone's Official Praise Mama

I cheat and use "Light Image Resizer" you can download the trial and continue to use it indefinitely - I don't know if it works with a Mac tho.

You can find it here:

http://download.cnet.com/Light-Image...-10529104.html