Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Healthy O's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Healthy O's A place for us to talk about getting healthy, support one another, offer tips, tricks, complain, whatever we need on our journey to good health and weight loss.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:19 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Praise Mama

Well, the pepper-ringed meatloaf has to wait until tomorrow. DH came home from golf late, and I fell asleep on the patio. So instead we had heirloom tomato slices topped with fried pepperoni and melted mozzarella cheese. YUUUUMMMM...the tomato was sooooo good. It was more of a snack than a dinner, but was still satisfying.
My Facebook
Blog: https://sharlamb46.wixsite.com/website
Old 07-30-2017, 05:24 PM
Sharron

Happy find. Stopped at Safeway on the way home from church, and found a fresh fish display in front...fresh, WILD-caught sockeye salmon for $9.99 a pound. Costco often has it at that price, but we have to buy two fillets wrapped together. Safeway had them individually. BBQ salmon for dinner tonight!
My Facebook
Old 07-30-2017, 07:58 PM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

awesome Shar!

I experimented tonight and found that yellow squash from my friend's garden works just as well as zucchini in the spiralizer! It does seem to need to cook a wee bit longer than zucchini does, though.

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 07-30-2017, 09:09 PM
Sharron

Good to know, Vicki. I'm hoping NEXT year we will have our own home-grown zucchini. We haven't done any veggie gardening in 30 years, but zucchini seems to do very well in the Puget Sound area. And last week I splurged on a yellow heirloom tomato. OMG! It was SOOOOOO good. I saved the seeds, and hope to grow my own next summer. (This is the year I should have done it. We've had one of the driest, warmest summers ever. Some years it rains all summer!) Most store-bought tomatoes only add color to a salad, certainly not taste!

BTW, tonight's salmon was to die for. Plenty of left-overs for tomorrow (I bought over 2# for the two of us! ).
My Facebook
Old 07-31-2017, 07:19 PM

O is my home!

Sharron - I agree, this year on the west coast has been the driest I can remember in years. I don't think I've ever had an heirloom tomato. I grew my own tomatoes yrs ago when I was home to water them on the wkends (now we're away too much in the summertime to take care of them) and miss the more intense flavor. The ones we get from our local produce markets just don't taste the same.