Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > The Hidden Attic > Archived Promotional Stuffs > Past Designer Spotlights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Ozone's Official Praise Mama

Default March 1-7 MEMBER SPOTLIGHT "GILMOREGIRL"

Your Challenge This Week!
In honor of our "Member spotlight" the cheery-o team has a unique idea cooked up for you!

We're spotlighting Gilmoregirl. Your challenge this week is simple. Visit her gallery and find your favorite layout. Create a scraplift featuring your favorite form of recreation.

It's that simple.

--- Visit Gilmoregirl's gallery.

--- Pick out a layout that strikes your fancy. (Pst...you may find it hard to choose just one layout!)

--- Create a layout "scraplifting" the layout you choose, using ANYTHING from the Oscraps stash/Store.....don't forget the freebies in the Oscraps Store (...with all these freebies, we're sure you'll have no problem meeting the usual 100 percent Oscraps requirements!)

--- Upload your layout to the designer spotlight gallery. Don't forget to list your credits in the layout information section!

--- Come back to this thread and post a link/photo of your layout here.

--- Post a layout by midnight, EST, Sunday March 7.

--- Remember to HAVE FUN!

Your Reward.....
Everyone who participates will receive an entry into a random drawing for three prizes - coupons/gift codes to the Oscraps store....

1st place - $15 coupon
2nd place - $10 coupon
3rd place - $5 coupon

A Freebie To Get You Started
don't forget the freebies in the Oscraps Store (...with all these freebies, we're sure you'll have no problem meeting the usual 100 percent Oscraps requirements!)

Mojo Inspiration:
Check out these layouts created by our Cheery-O Team. You're sure to find some inspiration here!

Checklist:
=> Did you lift Gilmoregirl?
=> 100% Oscraps?
=> posted LO in the Designer Spotlight Gallery?
=> posted a link in this thread?
=> had a great time? scrap again!! yay!!

Before You Go....Get To Know Gilmoregirl a bit more!

Who are you? Tell more about you & your family!

My name is Kim. My screen name “Gilmoregirl” comes from my favorite TV show “Gilmore Girls.” I have been married for 10+ years and I have 3 kids ages 8, 7, and 4. I am a transplant from the western US to New England and I love it! I am also an attorney and just recently went back to work full-time. I try not to post my kids names anywhere on the web so if you wonder about the name changes that is why I scrap so that my kids can know what life was like with me. I only get them for a short fraction of their lives and I want them to remember it, the good, the bad, and the photoshoped!

What is your next learning goal for scrapping?

My scrapping goal for 2010 is to focus on learning more about design. Balance, grids, color…just more about graphic design in general. My hope is that if I learn more about the technique when I finish a page and go “something is just wrong” I can fix it! I learned in 2009 that I am not a photographer! I like to make my pictures look better, but I have no patience for shutter speed and lighting. I will leave the photography to my husband.

Mojo-loss or scrappers block is a common thing among scrappers - how do you deal with this when it happens to you?

Surfing the galleries always works. I have a few stand-by people that I go to when I need quick inspiration. But really I look for inspiration everywhere. Magazines, flyers, billboards; when I pay attention the ideas are endless. I also make sure to look back at my own gallery frequently, so I can remember why I do this!

If stranded on an island without internet, what five Oscraps kits/things would you want on a cd to scrap with?

That is a hard question! Taylormade “November Rain” kit (I use those papers all the time) and all the fading emotions word art, Paislee Press “Happy as a Lark” kit, Leiko Beck Designs subtly inked overlays, and Nina scraps “whities” paper are the first things that come to mind. But that better not ever happen because the designers make me look good!

What's your favorite font to journal with? Your favorite "funky" font?

I LOVE fonts! I am addicted to century gothic, and timeless. My favorite funky font is probably Trashed. My favorite hand writing font is Andrew script. And to make my page have a graphic feel I always turn to impact or steelfish.

Where does your inspiration come from?

I am inspired usually by a picture or words. I want the majority of my pages to tell a story; whether it is a big event or a moment. That can happen with a picture or journaling. If the picture tells the whole story I keep the words minimal. When I journal I design the page, make a box for the journaling, and then I make myself fit the words in that box. It is amazing how clear your thoughts become when you only let the most important words on the page.

How long have you been hanging out at the big o?

Officially since April of 2007. Wow, that’s a long time! It’s a good place to hang out!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:35 AM
O'chOir extraOrdinaire
Ozone's Official Oracle

Oh how wonderful ... Kim I adore your gallery & have drooled my way through it many times before and I'm more than happy to do so again as in the words of a certain cosmetics company advert ... "you're worth it"!!!

Fabulous challenge Linda!

creating for
:♥: My Little Happy Box :♥: One Little Bird :♥: Paislee Press :♥:Ange Designs :♥:
Old 03-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Ozone's Official Oracle

Wonderful, wonderful choice - and I don't even need to go through Kim's gallery (well, except perhaps to oggle some more!) as I have quite a selection of her LOs in my favourites already, some of which have been there for years and are still utterly awesome.

Such a great member choice - can't wait to play.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Occasionally logs off

You girls sure know how to make a girl feel good! This will be so much fun to see other people make my ideas even better!

It inspired me to do a recreation lo too.

Thanks!!!!!

Last edited by Gilmoregirl; 03-01-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Outta This World!

Kim, you are the perfect choice to spotlight! I can't wait to go relook at your gallery!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Obviously Obsessed!

Great choice girls!! Of to Kim's gallery to pick a layout
Old 03-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

YAY KIM!!! Can't wait to see this thread and gallery filled this week.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Diane

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Here's mine

http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sho...148562&cat=715

Old 03-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Ozone's Official Praise Mama

Here is my page...and probably not my last one!! AWESOME gallery Kim!!!
http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sho...8&limit=recent

Old 03-01-2010, 05:54 PM

What a great Spotlight! Congratulations Kim!!!