Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > The Hidden Attic > Archived Promotional Stuffs > Past Designer Spotlights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2010, 05:44 AM
Ozone's Official Praise Mama

Default {CLOSED} Mon Jan 18-24, 2010 CheeryO Spotlight: SARA (Petey111)

It's a CHEERY-O SPOTLIGHT!!!

Your Challenge This Week!

Capture a Habit
Your child has them...you have them...heck, the neighbor next door has them....if you've been alive more than 10 minutes, you've probably developed a habit or two....

This week, capture that habit with not one, not two, but at least three different photos...(who knows, you might even come up with more).

Create a layout featuring your habit - the good, the bad or the down right ugly, using at least three photos, using a lift from Sara a.k.a. Petey111's gallery....http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sho...0&ppuser=12473

The basics of this challenge....
-- Visit Sara a.k.a petey111's gallery

-- Pick out a layout that strikes your fancy. (Pst...you may find it hard to choose just one layout!)

-- Create a layout "scraplifting" the layout you choose, using ANYTHING from the Oscraps stash/Store.....don't forget the freebies in the Oscraps Store (...with all these freebies, we're sure you'll have no problem meeting the usual 100 percent Oscraps requirements!)

-- Upload your layout to the designer spotlight gallery. Don't forget to list your credits in the layout information section! Enable your fellow O-scrapers!

-- Come back to this thread and post a link/photo of your layout here.

-- -- Post a layout here by midnight EST, Sunday, Jan. 24, in this thread

-- Remember to HAVE FUN!

Your Reward.....
Everyone who participates will receive an entry into a random drawing for three prizes - coupons/gift codes to the Oscraps store....

1st place - $15 coupon
2nd place - $10 coupon
3rd place - $5 coupon

A Freebie To Get You Started
...don't forget the freebies in the Oscraps Store (...with all these freebies, we're sure you'll have no problem meeting the usual 100 percent Oscraps requirements!)

Mojo Inspiration:
Check out these layouts created by our Cheery-O Team. You're sure to find some inspiration here!

(insert layouts here)

Checklist:
=> Did you follow the challenge guidelines this week?
=> 100% Oscraps?
=> posted LO in the Designer Spotlight Gallery?
=> posted a link in this thread?
=> had a great time? scrap again!! yay!!

Before You Go....Get To Know Sara a bit more!
Questions to answer (at least five, no more than 10)
Who are you? Tell more about you & your family!
School librarian & techie from the Midwest. Married to a computer geek like me and have one adorable son, Ben.

What tv show are you addicted to?
I am a tv junkie, though I've gotten better this year. Tivo (and a handy husband who upgraded the hard drive in it) has allowed me to record hours of tv. DWTS, SYTYCD, AI, Desperate Housewives, Glee, Castle, Lost, Psych, Monk (no more), Burn Notice...like I said...tv junkie.

What is your favorite holiday and why?
I adore the holiday season from Thanksgiving to New Year's, but especially Christmas. We have almost all our birthdays and anniversaries in there with all the holidays. But I adore Christmas. Putting up decorations, Christmas Carols, all the holiday sentiment...I love it!

What Camera do you currently use? What is your dream camera?
Canon Powershot A610 is what I currently have. It takes good outdoor pictures. I'd love a Canon SX10. They've stopped making it and started making an SX20, but the 10 is better. It's practically the last step up before an SLR.

Mojo-loss or scrappers block is a common thing among scrappers - how do you deal with this when it happens to you?
I go through my favorites in my gallery first. That usually inspires me to lift something or start a page I've been meaning to do. I also sometimes dig out my scrapping mags (which I have thoroughly stopped purchasing) and find the dogeared pages with good layouts.

What's the strangest thing you've ever scrapped?
Not necessarily strange, but two fun & different layouts were on my Flair collection & junior high fashion sense.

If stranded on a island without internet, what five Oscraps kits/things would you want on a cd to scrap with?
I use TaylorMade's "Touch of Gray" paper pack a lot. I love Holliewood Design's kits and I go to "Falling For You Again" quite a bit. Vicki Stegall's "Rock On" kit is a favorite, as is the Oscraps Collab "Parisian Holiday". And this last one is cheating, but I use a lot of different things from Paislee Press - Word Art, Paper, etc., she's got wonderful details!

What subject makes you cry everything you scrap it?
My mom.

What's your favorite font to journal with? Your favorite "funky" font?
CK Becky or CK Ali to journal with; funky font....hmmm...I have over 1500 fonts in my font folder.....it's going to take a while to decide...

Need Some Mojo Inspiration?
Check out what the CheeryO's Did!!
Old 01-18-2010, 06:18 AM
Occasionally logs off

Oh wow, this is a great challenge. I have no habits so this is going to be a tough one

my gallery - my blog fan of
Old 01-18-2010, 06:59 AM
O'chOir extraOrdinaire
Ozone's Official Oracle

Woo-hoo ... a scraplift challenge with a twist!!! Fun, fun, fun ... off to drool* my way through Sara's gallery.

*Clean up in the gallery aisle please!

creating for
:♥: My Little Happy Box :♥: One Little Bird :♥: Paislee Press :♥:Ange Designs :♥:
Old 01-18-2010, 07:42 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Great challenge!!!

sue-- too funny!

That is *exactly* what I said Wia!:lol:

~~Chris~~ My Gallery My Blog

Old 01-18-2010, 08:16 AM
Ozone's Official Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by danenan View Post
I have no habits so this is going to be a tough one
Come now Wia, surely you can think of something.......

Love the lift-with-a-twist challenge. Off to think.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Obviously Obsessed!

I will be the first to admit it, as hard as it can be to believe: I AM NOT PERFECT!
Here is my LO:
Bad Habits

Old 01-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by danenan View Post
Oh wow, this is a great challenge. I have no habits so this is going to be a tough one
Now we all now you are angelic ... *cough splutter* ... but come on Wia ... there are habits hiding in there somewhere

Old 01-18-2010, 03:43 PM

Here is "one" of my MANY habits

Old 01-18-2010, 05:18 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

and here is my layout with a couple of habits (there are heaps more of course!!!) I lifted Sara's Geeks Rule page (link to this LO is in the gallery with my LO)

Old 01-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Ozone's Official Oracle

Oh ladies!!! I'm soo honored. And to have such a topic for the lift...well, it's just perfect! Can't wait to see what everyone does!

Sara

~ Wonders never cease, if you never cease to wonder. ~ Ziggy