Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > The Hidden Attic > Archived Events > December Advent Celebration
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Ozone's Official Oracle

Default Advent 2014 - Day 15 - The Gifts We Give!

Welcome the 15th day of our Oscraps Advent Celebration. Today's sale is for Our Misadventures. Her entire store is 30% off! This is a one day only sale so don't miss out on these amazing deals.

And now I have a question for you. I know we talk all the time about the best (and worst) gifts we have gotten, but we know the season is about more than that. It's about giving to those we love...and even those we don't know. So what I really want to know is, what's the best gift you ever gave? It doesn't even have to be a Christmas gift...just a really great gift.

I love creating gifts with themes. A red gift bag with white stripes, fill it with popcorn, candy, wine, and some Redbox cards and we are good to go! We've also created homemade taco seasoning and added all the fixins for a great taco dinner. Or prepared quick and easy meals and vacuum sealed them. I love planning and coming up with fun themes.

All that being said, I don't know that those are my BEST gifts ever. I remember giving my mom Neil Diamond tickets once. That was pretty fun. My little guy seems to think the Wii U I gave him is pretty swell and I got a big reaction for the Cabbage Patch dolls my nieces got last year. But ultimately, I love simple things....the smile on a students face when I gave her a book on Friday, the fun day spent at the lake throwing stones with my little one, and a thousand other small things like that. (But I sure have a lot of fun trying to come up with the perfect physical presents too!)

So tell me....what is the best gift you ever gave?

Sara

~ Wonders never cease, if you never cease to wonder. ~ Ziggy

Last edited by ritacica; 12-17-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:46 AM
Diane

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I agree, the small can make a big impression. Also the unexpected gifts are always extra special.

Old 12-15-2014, 05:06 AM
lOve the O!
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Oh the best gifts were given yesterday- I pulled off the amazing. My sons and husband follow a particular college basketball team. The coach wrote a book this year- bleeding orange (Syracuse University). Better yet he was going to a book signing where I used to live. I had my nephew buy the books and stand in line and get them signed- personally by the coach. My son opened his first and thought it was great to get the book and when he saw it was personally signed, my husband and other son were like hmmmm. They even volunteered to let me take their photo all together as a thank you to my nephew!

Creating for Maya de Groot Designs
My O gallery

Old 12-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Occasionally logs off

I was wondering what that photo was about Laurie!!!
Old 12-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Occasionally logs off

I honestly really suck at gift giving. I think the best gift I've ever given was a new holster for Jeff, and what was the "best" about that was keeping it secret ! He always gives me amazing gifts, one of these years I'll figure it out
Old 12-15-2014, 01:44 PM
O is my home!

Without any real thought the one thing that immediately popped into my mind was the Transistor Radio I gave my father way back in the 50's...

for the "younger" generation who are saying what on earth is that? It was a small (back then... about 3.5" x4.5 " and maybe an inch thick, if my memory serves me!...) radio that played on batteries and had ear pieces... He LOVED it ... never was able to top that one for him...guys are so hard to buy for anyway!
Old 12-15-2014, 06:46 PM
Ozone's Official Oracle

I tried to zoom in Laurie and figure out what the book was! It was so fun seeing them with their books!

I agree Diane unexpected are good too!

Meg - I hate it when someone always gives you perfect stuff and you can't find something good for them!

A transistor radio. That's awesome. I totally agree that guys are hard to buy for!!! I hate shopping for my dad and my husband!

Sara

Old 12-15-2014, 09:13 PM
Off The Hook

I don't know if this was anywhere near the best, but I really remember the pleasure my DH seemed to derive from a gift long ago. It was a faux fur jacket displayed in the window of a men's store. It was quite luxurious and warm and he was totally surprised.

One of my nieces remembers a gift we gave her and her siblings that gave them great pleasure - a toboggan!

Remembering a successful gift to a father is a true gift in itself!

Old 12-15-2014, 10:15 PM
Ozone's Official Oracle

You are funny Jean! A toboggan is a great gift! And seeing others love something so much is great!

Sara

Old 12-16-2014, 05:19 PM
Occasionally logs off

Ohhh! I thought of something!!

We have a chihuahua who is a total diva. Well, Christmas came early for her yesterday – a purse! She's super pumped to have her own purse, that she doesn't have to share with my wallet and phone like my old purse that she took over. She's been super happy ever since it arrived yesterday – actually wanting to go on walks out in the cold!

Here's two photos:
http://instagram.com/p/wpSrO4oqL2/
http://instagram.com/p/wrW3PnIqJ4/

So apparently I can buy awesome gifts for my dog, but not my husband.