Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Healthy O's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Healthy O's A place for us to talk about getting healthy, support one another, offer tips, tricks, complain, whatever we need on our journey to good health and weight loss.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:30 AM

Occasionally passes by

Oh man, I can't NOT eat breakfast. I'd be one pissed off Mama for the rest of the day

I don't count macros or eat restrictively any certain way - when I changed my eating habits, I did just that, changed my habits, started eating "better". I do know everything works different for everyone and though!
Old 05-19-2017, 08:59 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Vicki Casey is a woman who does Keto YouTube videos she is a real hoot and has been on Keto for about 3 yrs now I think here is a link to her Videos...https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrg...lZ9oOs5EoI7CFA. Our very own Rae does some pretty great videos too! Here is her site if you haven't already seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG-...xueOzdaUnVvQAg

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 05-19-2017, 09:37 AM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Praise Mama

I also love 2 Keto Dudes podcasts, although they get a little too technical for me sometimes. But fun to listen to them in bed in the morning with my first few cups of coffee. http://2ketodudes.com/#listen

Kristie Sullivan is AWESOME! She has a very sweet demeanor, and seems like a natural teacher. https://zerocarbzen.com/2015/03/31/m...stie-sullivan/

Kristie not only has a wonderful and very inspiring testimony, but she now has a cookbook, which I intend to buy!

The Diet Doctor was the place I started, and am into my 2nd week on his two-week challenge. We haven't followed it exactly, but almost. The food has been excellent and easy to make. We were past craving carbs right away, and feel satisfied with way less food than ever in our lives: https://www.facebook.com/search/vide...0diet%20doctor
My Facebook
Old 05-19-2017, 09:45 AM

O is my home!

Vicki .....to answer your questions.

pepperoni rounds (not the sticks but the little thin round pepperoni) placed on cookie sheet in oven at 375 (I use a toaster oven at 350) and bake about 8-10 minutes til they start to brown on the edges. I put them on a paper towel lined plate to soak up a bit of the grease b/c I like them to be a bit dryer but you don't have to do that. They are yummy.

my electrolyte drink is a glass of water, about 1/2 ounce of SF flavor (torani or davinci, I like peach or mango), 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp No-Salt (or any salt substitute that has potassium instead of sodium). I have one in the morning and later in the afternoon. I take one with me if I'm out of the house for more than a few hours. Trust me, if you are ever out and about and get the electrolyte cramps in your legs, you'll learn to keep someone on hand. I also keep a few salt packets in my purse if needed b/c in an emergency (muscle cramps) I can usually get a glass of water somewhere and toss in a packet or two of salt. Doesn't taste good but it works to get rid of the cramps. I don't cramp anymore b/c I make sure to replenish all the time but just in case. Better safe than sorry. I also keep a box of chicken bouillon cubes in my car glove box in case I need some extra sodium and want a hot drink instead of the electrolyte replacement drink.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:57 AM
Sharron

Yesterday was our 48th anniversary, and we went for dinner, with friends, to the Melrose Grill near us, which features awesome rib-eye steaks. I'm not much of a steak-eater, but these really are incredible. We haven't mentioned to friends that we're doing Keto, but they noticed we didn't eat the before-dinner bread. We just said we were saving our appetites for the steak. Then, when ordering, the waiter asked how we'd like our potatoes, and we said we didn't want any. He suggested substituting asparagus, and we accepted! I also ordered a side of the best grilled (& slathered in butter, I could tell!) mushrooms I've ever eaten. Again, there were comments about "no potato!!!!????" For of course the garlic mashed potatoes and baked potatoes at the Melrose are almost famous. Neither Dave nor I felt even tempted or deprived about the bread and potatoes. The steak was as good as anticipated, and especially delicious with those crunchy bits of fat! Guilt-free fat! We also each had a glass of wine...PERFECT.

We invited our friends back to our house for dessert. I had prepared ahead of time a One-Minute-Cupcake using a recipe from Kristie Sullivan. I warned our friends it was an experiment, but didn't tell them it was made with almond and coconut flour and sugar substitute. Glad I warned them. It was disappointing. All that saved it was a generous topping of whipped cream. But I probably won't make them again. At this point, I don't feel a need for sweets, so only did this because it was a celebration.

By the way, until a week ago, I drank diet Pepsi every single day. Haven't had any since May 11, and haven't WANTED any!!!! I can't believe that.

Today I'm feeling light-headed and a little queasy, so maybe I'm finally getting a touch of the "Keto Flu." But it's not bad enough to discourage me. I know what to do...broth...more salt.

My clothes are already beginning to feel looser, AND the swelling in my feet is virtually gone. For years I've been on two kinds of diuretics daily and still had swollen feet. I noticed an improvement right away on Keto, so hesitantly stopped taking the pills. Even without the pills, the swelling has gone down a bit every day. My shoes are loose! Who knew???!!!

Sorry to ramble on so much. Maybe my enthusiasm will curb itself in days to come. But I sort of hope not.
My Facebook
Old 05-19-2017, 10:28 AM

Outta This World!

It's very hot here in my corner of CA - over 90 degrees today (WAY over normal temps). So ... we'll be grilling some chicken thighs marinated in a chicken Shwarma blend. Then I'll make a veggie salad - cuke, tomatoes, carrot and radishes with a greek-like vinaigrette.

I have a TON of Low Carb/Keto boards on Pinterest. I'm in the process of re-organizing them, so there's a little overlap right now, but you can take a look here. Scroll past the digi/art related boards.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:34 AM
Sharron

Sounds like an awesome dinner, Vicki! Thanks for the link. Can't wait to visit!

Another Kloset Keto Kharacter koming out of the kloset! I think there are more of us than I'd ever have dreamed.
My Facebook

Last edited by SharLamb; 05-19-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:19 AM

O is my home!

I had a healthy lifestyle FB page before but gave it up after a few yrs but this week I changed the name to the same as my youtube channel Krazy For Keto and will start posting recipes, info and ideas in there. It's an open page so anyone can join. I've got lots of keto recipes on pinterest too so please feel free to follow my keto/low carb boards.
https://www.pinterest.com/raeclevett/

Vicki - I will check out your's too.

I pinned two good breakfast recipes this morning that are keto and lowish carb if you could net carbs which I am now doing about half the time. I didn't count net carbs for the first 3 mths until my body was totally and completely fat adapted but now I can count net carbs (minus fiber grams) and it's doesn't slow down my weight loss or stall me.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:27 AM

O is my home!

This is what I'm making this wkend. I want to make the crackers and crumble them into a salad or just have a couple on the side with my lunch protein and veggies.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AXs3lz...RQRVXjIa98wlw/
Old 05-19-2017, 12:35 PM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Not sure why but I cannot eat the recipes that call for Coconut flour, seems my body does not like it, I bloat up and I get indigestion Ugh!! So for now I need to just stick to the basics and have to stay away from the substitutes

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot