Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Chatter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chatter Here's the spot for talking about anything and everything!

Old 01-11-2017, 06:00 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Daily Ooo's: Wednesday, January 11

Blerghy, Day Two.
BTW- whenever we watch 30 Rock, I feel like I *am* Liz Lemon. She uses phrases like that too. We are cool that way.

I think that I jinxed myself last week feeling all proud that I wasn't flaring from Tindamax. Yesterday was not a good day at all. But I got through and hopefully by tonight the worst will have passed. I will drink lots of water and if I remember- green tea.

Off to get blood work today, I haven't been over there to see my girls in a long time. For the newer people here, for almost 2 years I had to go in for weekly blood draws so the ladies there got to know me well, and I would end up chatting with them for a while. It is kind of how my Pharmacy Tech will see me shopping and when I get up to the counter she has all of my Rx's ready to go. The benefits of chronic illness

After that- Food shopping, Bill paying. These are a few of my favorite things.

Well, at least I can't complain about it being too cold. I mean I *can* and probably *will,* but I *shouldn't.*
We should get near 50, a big improvement from 20.

What good stuff do you have planned for today? Enjoy it all!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery My Blog

Old 01-11-2017, 06:15 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Trudy- I feel you. I haven't had to see a Dr in a while so going for blood work is bringing back some bad feelings. I also have to make my appt for my mammo. Y'all know how I feel about *that.* Ugh.
Hope that the dentist wasn't too painful for you and good luck at the drs today.
Did you finish The OA? I liked it too, except for the last 10 minutes.Gary and I looked at each other and said Huh.

Nancy- bet you and Luther are going to have a great day for walking. Has the refereeing been this bad before or is it a new thing this season? Seems kind of crazy.

Rae- hah!!! My house looks like a toddler or two have hit it very often with my dogs, especially Jaida. She has to find the perfect toy even when they are several identical ones already out.
That is too much about your computer. I hope that it gets figured out quickly, I am sure it must be very frustrating.

Yeah, there isn't a lot of info on ACDSee out there any more. I might have a few tutorials left on my blog or in my Documents. I will see what I can dig up for you RE: brushes.
Basically, all you have to do is double click on the abr file, and it should have a filmstrip type of _____ (whatever that word is) on the left side of your screen. That will show you what the brush tips look like.
Also with the Fonts, you can view True Type fonts and change the preview words from Font to whatever you like. Mine says I <3 Puppies. You have to go in through your Plug In Settings to do that. Let me see if I can bring that up...

Old 01-11-2017, 06:17 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Tools>Plug In Settings>Image Decode>ID Font apl. Then Click on Properties, and you can change it from there.

And if it easier, instead of double-clicking the abr file, you can just click View and it will bring the brush tips up and you can scroll through them that way too. And to use the brush, have the brush or eraser tool open, and drag the file onto the Tool Icon and it will show up in the Tool Manager.

Last edited by faerywings; 01-11-2017 at 06:20 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:29 AM
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

good morning - my son is still getting ready for work so I have a bit of time. It poured last night so the snow is gone on roofs still a bit on grassy areas so maybe the sidewalks will be easier to walk on as people really do not shovel all that well if at all. Even the city did not do its job all that well. Pretty sad. Today into the 50s. Yea! Our January thaw. Taylor Hall is the NJ Devils All-Star this year. He is deserving. Got some scrapping done so that is good. Today I am going to lunch with my girlfriend so that will be fun. Not much going on.

Chris have fun talking to your lab ladies. You have to be so happy that the you don't have to go so often. Hope the normal chores go fast and well. And yes puppies cause messes and you can't ask them pick their toys up . I think the referring has changed as the rules have changed as they are trying to protect players and take the dangerous hits out of the game but it is the inconsistency among referees themselves that drives me crazy.

Trudy I feel exactly the same way you do about dentists. I had braces as a kid and I think that turned me off to dentists even though now they cause so much less pain. I do love the feel when my teeth are cleaned. Hope you appt went well.

Rae that is so funny about the dog toys and playing tug of war. Luther loves tug of war. And what a mess he and my human boys make. They love giving Luther paper towel tubes but then don't clean up the mess. So sorry about the computer not talking to the monitor. At least with my laptop they are connected so that is not a problem. Hope their is a quick fix.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-11-2017, 10:15 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Morning ladies... it is very chilly here this morning! It is minus 6 degrees celcius so that is 21 fahrenheit I think. Brrr!! Not much happening today, except my visit to the Dr. whoopee!! The Dentist visit was not too bad, I almost fell out of the chair at one point when she hit a nerve while cleaning with the pick ...God I hate that!! Then they go right back in and work on the same spot again?? I think she is a Sadist!! I know quit whining already!! I do have to go back to have an old filling replaced, it is cracked and probably why I have been having some sensitivity on that tooth. So lucky me I get to do that at the end of the month!

Chris - Ugh on the blergy (floupee) day again yesterday! But how nice that you can have a good talk with your nurses, nice to have a conversation with others and sort of get out of your own little world for a bit! I do that at my Dentist office when I go to reschedule I usually end up talking with the receptionist for quite a while. Well as long as there is no one else waiting in line behind me . One more episode of the OA to watch tonight, DH fell asleep on me when we sitting at the TV last night, so never got to see it , but I figured that it would probably be one of those episodes that left you with that WTH?? feeling . Wonder when the 2nd series will be? Or will there be a 2nd series?

Nancy - We are hoping that this cold snap will be over soon, the snow plow driver who did our street did a horrible job!! There is a big turn around at the top of our hill where we live and he just plows a single lane up the street and leaves all the snow at the top in front of the the walkway where there is a walking path!! I would love to give him a piece of my mind or a lesson on how to not be so lazy!! My DH is always making sure our driveway and sidewalks are clear, but wonders why when people who are out walking can't even access the walking path. Yes the referring is very inconsistent, my Gary was a hockey ref for many years and did some good senior players hockey, he gets very angry with the way things are done now! Drives him crazy too!!

Rae - Oh dear more computer woes!! You might need an HDMI cable for your monitor hookup if your computer is a new one. Try to google the problem first before putting out a bunch of $ on a tech visit. It might just be a quick fix that you can do yourself. Just a suggestion! I had trouble trying to hook up a second monitor to my iMac but got it all figured out with the help of Utube!! . Looking forward to seeing your page with the tug of war games. Your Taz is such a cutie!! DS and family are coming for a visit this weekend and are bringing Storm with them, she is a sweetheart of a dog. DH was not impressed, but she is such a good dog and he really does love her (he just won't admit it) You watch he will be the one that lets her up on the furniture . When we were at our Son's for Christmas, he couldn't wait to get out and take her for a walk, I know that he has a soft spot for her!!

Well I better get some breakfast, not sure what to have this morning and so far I am enjoying the WW and keeping track of what I eat, there are lots of great suggestions on the site and now after grocery shopping I have lots of good healthy food in the house. Have a great day everyone!!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot

Last edited by taxed4ever; 01-11-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:01 PM

Obviously Obsessed!

Good morning, ladies.I had such a lovely quiet evening. Taz and I curled up in the chair and I indulged and had chips/dip as I had had a light lunch and dinner so stayed within my WW points. I watched most of season 3 of The Affair, that has aired so far. I think I have one more episode to be caught up. I stayed up until past midnight and then slept in this morning til 8:00. I needed to have a relaxing night like that after all the computer woes, which was really stressing me out. Darrell comes home tonight from his conference so maybe tomorrow he can look at the computer and together we'll see if we can figure it out, otherwise, maybe Friday we can bring it in to the computer company to set up.

This morning I plan to scrap and watch Hell's Kitchen and then this afternoon will work on work and tax stuff before heading out for groceries. Should be a quiet day.Tonight I'm putting on a big pot of chili and will freeze the leftovers.

Chris - I will try your instructions for the brushes. Thx. Hope you are soon feeling better. We seem to have gotten your 20° weather this morning. It was pretty cold out there when I was taking out the garbage.....brrrrrrr. The sun is out so hopefully that warms things up.

Trudy - I can relate to your dentist woes. It is torture for me every time I go. Glad you are enjoying WW. I find that being prepared is important, having some healthy/low point snacks on hand. I have a few recipes for mug cakes that are a good portion controlled treat. Also, roasted spiced chickpeas are a good snack too. Yes, I will check youtube and google for my monitor issue, so maybe we'll figure it out.

Nancy - enjoy your lunch with your friend. We give Taz the empty toilet paper rolls and he just loves them. He flips them around the room, jumping and running with them, then shreds them. I make a farty-raspberry sound thru the roll at him and he goes crazy with excitement, his eyes bugging out, and flies through the house with it .

Time for more coffee and I need to put the next episode of Hell's Kitchen on. Is this what retirement is going to be like? If so....I think I'm going to like it. I swear, I think about it almost every day. I just need to get through a few more years and then I think I can take an early retirement. Have a great day, everyone.