Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Chatter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chatter Here's the spot for talking about anything and everything!

Old 04-21-2017, 05:45 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Daily Ooo's: Friday, April 21

Hmmph. I wish I knew where my days go. Anyone have a clue to help me out? I know that I have been moving slower than usual this past week but this feels a little crazy even for me.

if I had a nickel for every time I said that I need to get my s*** together or that I need to get organized, I would be able to be the Princess that I deserve to be. Oops, maybe "witch" is a better descriptor.

I never made it back yesterday for personals. I had meant to but like I said-- no idea where I was or what I was doing. My contact lens check went fine, I really like these lenses. I asked if I really needed to have bifocal/progressive lenses and she said that there was no need. Whew! Now I can order the new Rx online for less than $50. I should do that today. There was something else I wanted to do yesterday and darned if I can remember it now.

This afternoon, I am doing a DIY Bath Bomb workshop with the Girl Scouts. Oh boy, this is gonna be "interesting." You might remember how I end up cursing my head when I make bath bombs to sell. They are so finicky and anything can make the whole batch fizzle out. But the girls are really - hmm, I can't say low-key cuz that isn't right - how about low expectations? As long as they get their hands involved they will have fun.
Cait has so much homework that she isn't able to come with me but that is ok. I am not nervous like I was the last time.

I am still waiting to hear from the Dr's office about the test results. I am guessing that since they haven't called, I am not dying.

Hope that all of you have a super Friday!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery My Blog

Old 04-21-2017, 06:07 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Oh darn it- I wanted to make another batch of the dog cookies. The rats loved them too. Those girls are so adorable. I gave then apple slices yesterday and Muffin (she is the bigger, dense one) was so buried into her nest, that she had a hard time climbing out to get to it. Clover (she is the sneaky/smart, fast-moving one) ran out of her SpacePod, grabbed her slice and then gobbled it down. I love their very different personalities.

Nancy- this weather is making me sad. It ios so dreary and rainy here too.
Couscous and Brussel sprouts? Sounds good! I made couscous with the falafel last week and no one ate it except me.
The meals sound so neat that even if you end up canceling the subscription, you will be able to copy the recipes now that you know the boys will eat them.

Cindy- I swear, computer issues work in conjunction with your need to get stuff done and inversely with your patience levels. I hope it all fixes itself for you. The rats are really sweet and cuddly. The cats actually don't pay them any mind when they hang out together. The only one that got too close was Jaida, and Clover nipped her nose. Now Jaida, vicious pit bull that she is, is scared of them.

Trudy- it sounds like you have the grands' schedules down to a science! I remember the Good Old Days when I was in Elem School and got ready on time I was allowed to watch Capt Kangaroo on my mom's bed. That didn't happen very often since she would wake me up and then I would fall back asleep. I remember several occasions where I went to school with my clothes pulled over my PJs because I was running so late. Bwuahahahah!!!!

Rae- what a busy day for you. I hope things settle down for a calmer week too. Bet you and Taz slept well since he was at Day care.
Good luck with the TV!
Rats sure do like to nest. Muffin, the one that couldn't get out of her nest for the apple, builds these amazing nests out of her bedding. The bedding is like crinkly paper and she fluffs it up, drags clumps of it from other places in the cage, fluffs it up some more. Her house has a hole on top, and on the side as well as the "door" opening. She pushes the bedding up and out of the hole, it spills out of the side hole and she drags the bedding into the "door" so you can even see her in there. I really should take a picture of it. It is pretty incredible

~~Chris~~ My Gallery My Blog

Old 04-21-2017, 07:39 AM
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

good morning - I have been so mad at me and then at I don't want to call them hackers but those sleazy computer people that somehow combine downloads so that popup ads or in my case backup schemes invade. I would start my computer and MacKeeper or MegaBackup would pop up saying I needed to do a scan and then buy their product. I had pop up ads every time I went here at the O. I was so mad because all I tried to do was update Adobe flash. I must have hit more that just that update. Well I went online to see if I could find out how to get rid of these files without going to the Apple Store. And Wow there were exact directions on how to get rid of the problems. I learned more about where files are on my computer so that was awesome too. And now I am free of ads and weird back up stuff. But I was so mad that for a day I did not even want to think about it. But now that they are gone I am actually very proud of myself for doing this by myself especially since I did it to myself. Now I can get back to scrapping. Got Luther out for just one walk as we had rain. But I think that Luther needed his sleep. I have been going to sleep so late and my DH up so early that Luther slept all day. Watched hockey but wondering why I stayed up to watch the Sharks basically give the game to the Oilers with late penalties and defending a one goal game. That was never going to work. But happy for the Nashville Predators who defeated the Blackhawks in 4 straight games. Three teams have made it to the second round Penguins, Ducks, and Predators. Must do errands today and it is rainy so that is yucky!

Chris I know what you mean - the days just fly by. I wish our sun and warm weather was back I really am so tired of this reversal to cold damp rainy weather. Have fun with the girl scouts and good luck with the bath bombs. I hope someone takes photos.

Trudy sounds like you have this grandparenting down! And it sounds like your son and DIL are raising really good kids. Must make you proud! Storm sounds like a sweet dog and I bet he enjoys his walks. Enjoy your weekend with kids and MG.

Rae wow you are busy. Hope you found the shoes you want and at a good price. Bet Taz had a great time seeing his friends at day care!

Cindy I feel you pain with computer glitches. Hope you get it all figured out. Glad someone has warm weather.

Sharon how much longer for your contractors. Hope it ends soon!

Have a great day!
Old 04-21-2017, 10:04 AM

O is my home!

Good morning ladies. The sun is shining for a few days....yay. Got a video done this morning, sorted out laundry and now will start my desk work for the morning. I had great luck shopping yesterday afternoon. Found a comfy pair of flats and a slip-on pair of runners. The sale price worked out to be just a bit more than the regular price of one pair. Then on the way out, walking thru Sears, I saw the bra dept had a 40% off sale throughout the dept so I had to grab one. I would have liked to have gotten more but not sure what size I'll be at the end of my weight loss journey, so didn't want to spent too much money on something I might not be wearing in a few months. I was successful in washing quite a few pairs of jeans and jackets yesterday in hot water and then drying and they shrunk down a bit so I'll be able to wear them for awhile still which is great b/c I really don't want to spend money on clothes right now during this transitional stage.

Chris - your rat stories are so entertaining. I bet the girls are going to have a blast making the bombs. Like you said, they will ejoy the process even if their bombs don't turn out perfectly. I bet you are a great teacher!

Nancy - good for you for fixing your computer problem. I wish I could figure out my LR/PS problem....ugh.

Trudy - must be out with the dog enjoying the sunshine today

Taz is tired, they said he had a blast at daycare and played all day. I have booked him in for Wednesdays throughout the next few months. They are so busy now they don't have drop-in daycare anymore. You have to put your dog in at least one day a week, every week, to keep your spot available, but since I'm not walking Ava right now, it works out ok to put him in there. Sounds like Ava's dad is going to be sticking with his wkend/night time shifts so doesn't need me during the day at this point, just the occasional wkend babysitting.

I'm gettting to work now. Have a great day, everyone.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:21 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Morning ladies... off to take the kids to school soon just have to check that they have brushed their teeth as good as they say ! I have been trying everyday to get a layout done, but I keep having issues with the trial version of photoshop and with my EHD that I brought along with me. So I think I am just going to have to give up on it and wait until I get back home again. I also got a new EHD for my birthday, and I am having issues with it also grrr!! When I try to transfer some of my scrap supplies over to it, it no longer shows the previews on the folders. I have hundreds of them and I really do not want to re-do all of them. Any ideas ladies??

Chris - I can't believe how quickly this week has gone also! Good luck with your bath bomb demo for the girls today! Nice that you are not nervous about it anymore! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that they all turn out like they are supposed to!! I am thinking that if you haven't heard from the Dr. Yet then it must be good news, although man it would be nice to figure out WTH is going on, most likely those dam Lyme buggers!!

Nancy - WTG for fixing your computer issues yourself! I almost downloaded Mackeeper at one point and thought perhaps I should ask my son about it. He said that it is Malicious software and never to download it! Thank you to my son !! I know that sometimes when you download things there can be more than one download button to use so you really have to be aware as to which one you choose. Dam hackers!!! Sounds like you are enjoying the hockey, but DH doesn't think his Bruins will make it to the next round Hope that the weather improves for you soon!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 04-21-2017, 10:26 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Rae - I figured we would be cross posting and I had to scoot out the door and get the kids to school. There is a ton of construction work going on, so had to leave a bit earlier than normal. Early dismissal for them today, so I will have to head back before I know it to fetch them again. Sheesh, seems like I am doing a lot of driving while I am here. I will take a look at your video this morning before heading out with Storm for our morning walk. I have to look for a new bra or two also, why is it that is the first area where you lose the most?? Well I could stand to lose there believe me!! Soon will need a new swimsuit too, but it can wait for a bit yet. Hope you have an amazing day!

I hope that all of you have an amazing day and that you get to do something great today!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot