Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Chatter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chatter Here's the spot for talking about anything and everything!

Old 12-29-2015, 04:34 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Daily Ooo's: Tuesday, December 29

It is Tuesday, right? My goodness, I have no clue on anything anymore (as if I *ever* did bwuahahah!!!!)

Yesterday turned out to be bonkers, but in a good way. I was hoping for a nice quiet day but that didn't happen. My mom calls me at 9am and says that she found the car door for Scott. Scott had hit a boulder turning out of a driveway and the door and frame was dented and when it rained hard, it leaked. He had asked for a new door for Xmas. My mom was able to track down a door and said that if he had no plans, she and my dad would bring him over to the repair shop and get it done immediately. As it was "only" 9 am, I had to wake him up but he was all for it. He makes all of the arrangements with my parents who say that they are coming up to my house to get him/car and then the three of them will head over.
This makes no sense to me since that makes it very out of the way for them, but whatever. This is how my mom rolls.

When they get here, it dawns on me that my mom should stay at my house with her car and Scott can drop my dad off on the way home. Wooooo hoo, Faery has a good idea! I was in the process of taking down our tree since it was dried out completely so she helped me box up all of the ornies. Then Gary and I tried to help her set up and use the new Nook she got from my dad. My mom is a total Luddite when it comes to tech and it can be both hysterical and frustrating to teach her how to use things. But we got her accounts set up and showed her how to download an eBook from her library. I was trying to explain to her how to get free books from ereaderIQ.com but she wasn't getting that concept. In time... I hope.

By the time we finished all of that, I had some stuff to do around the house, then had to put my feet up- the afternoons still wipe me out.

Today I am off to food shop as soon as the temps warm up. I can hear the sleet falling. Not looking fwd to scraping cars. Ooooh!!! I won't be able to shovel again this winter! Last year was b/c of my surgery, but this winter, I can't b/c my PICC will be in until at least March. I had one in last winter too, but that wasn't on my radar, while it is this year. Not sure how I feel about that- I feel kind of useless not being able to help. But not freezing outside- that is a huge plus!

I hope that all of you are enjoying your days!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery My Blog

Old 12-29-2015, 04:54 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Nancy- you always have such fun-filled days! Sounds like it was a great one getting all of those signatures.
My family loves the Keurig. But they only use ot for brewing coffee. If they want tea, they will just use the hot water feature and a tea bag. I think we got some samples of tea and no one liked them here either.
Awesome news for your friend who is retiring! I hope that she is very happy!
How is Luther's fence yard? Sooo jealous!!

Rae- How adorable that Taz knows when his BFF is ready to play!
How was the soup? Pumpkin and green enchilada sauce is an interesting combo...
Were you able to get GDD's ereader working better? I hope it doesn't have to go back, that is always so disappointing.
Have you tried a chiro? My back was (is) in total spasm over the summer and I found a Lyme friendly chiro in my plan and she helped a lot.
Thanks for the recipe link! I just pinned it.

Trudy- bet you had fun at the movies. My house is still a Star Wars spoiler free zone since Gary won't be able to see it until it comes out on DVD.
Hope that the roads were clear for you.
You got the one that has caller id? Wait, I just looked on the website, and mine (ChargeHR) has it too? Damned if I know how to figure it all out. I guess you need to have Friends to get to that feature? Who knows??? I guess I am a Luddite like my mom
Oh man, I totally forgot about you needing to eat soup for the longest time. I am so glad you don't have to do that anymore.

I better peek my head outside to see if it is changing the rain yet...
I really don't want to go food shopping!

Old 12-29-2015, 04:59 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

And in case you were wondering:
Quote:
Today is Pepper Pot Day! Pepper pot is a thick spicy soup first created on December 29, 1777. During the Revolutionary War, the Continental Army experienced an exceptionally harsh winter in Valley Forge. The soldiers were low on food because the farmers in the area sold all their supplies to the British Army for cash rather than the weak currency that the Continental soldiers could offer.
Christopher Ludwick, the baker general of the Continental Army, gathered whatever food he could find to feed the frail soldiers. The chef was able to find scraps of tripe, meat, and some peppercorn. He mixed the ingredients together with some other seasonings and created the hot spicy soup we now know as pepper pot. It became known as "the soup that won the war."
To celebrate this historic dish, try making your own pepper pot soup today! It’s the perfect way to warm up on a chilly December day.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:17 AM
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

good morning! Yes the fence is in and he seems to love the freedom of going out and doing his business and then not necessarily coming right in. Last night it was sleeting mixing with rain and he seemed to love it. Again this morning he was out all on his own. I will still take him for walks as I love walks. Took my DIL to get her new radio installed in her car. Watched the USA lose to Sweden 1-0. The US had so many chances but the goalie was just awesome! Today is more World Juniors game in the morning and Canada plays in the afternoon and then I have a home Devils game. I will try to get more scrapping done while watching hockey.

Chris glad the day went so well. So glad they found him a new car door! Bet it was fun to your mom around. I did my grocery shopping yesterday and still don't enjoy it!

Rae I love it that Taz has a BFF. How fun! Interested to know how you liked the soup!

Trudy how did you like Star Wars? We all loved it! Hope the roads cleared!

Have a great day all!
Old 12-29-2015, 09:05 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Morning ladies... Please tell me that the weather is not too horrible out east, my son and his family are on the road from Trenton Ontario to Mitchell Ontario to spend a few days with DD, Mason and Jonah. So happy that they will be together for the New Year!! So worried that the roads will be horrible!! I am waiting for confirmation that they have arrived safely and it is agonizing waiting for the news

Chris - How great that your parents found a new door for your son's vehicle! What a perfect gift for him! So nice that you had the day to spend with your Mother and helped her out with her e -reader! My MIL is also a Luddite she fights change of any kind especially when it comes to technology!! I bought her a new clock radio for her bedside (a request from her) and to set it up you have to talk to it, it is very cool, but she was sure that she would never be able to do and just thought it was ridiculous, but I got a phone call from her yesterday and she loves it and thinks its pretty cool. Its called I-vee and I got it at best buy.
My fitbit is the same as yours a ChargeHR and I love it! I had it monitor my sleep last night and it showed that I was restless 16 times during the night and it was correct in saying that I was awake once and took some steps to the washroom and back .

Nancy - So nice that Luther can be outside as much as he wants now! No worry about him escaping and taking a little walk on his own either Hope your weather is improving and that you do not have freezing rain! Enjoy your hockey today and your scrapping as well! I am hoping to finally do some more scrapping very soon, now that the calendars are all out of the way I really need to get some scrapping done just for me!

Rae - So how did the soup turn out? Hope you are enjoying some relaxing time before having to get back to the humdrum everyday work life again!

Ok ladies, I am going nuts waiting to hear if my beautiful family has arrived safely, so I am off to the kitchen for some more coffee and a bit of breakfast. Then to the pool to get back to swimming laps! Hope its not too crowded with school still being out. I really need to get back into some exercise routine after sitting around for so long!! Have a great day everyone!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 12-29-2015, 09:56 AM

O is my home!

Good morning, ladies. Ugh...it's a workday for me but luckily only 3 days and then it'll be 3 days off again. I slept in an extra half hour this morning which was nice. I was all caught on up work at the end of the 24th so today I don't have to start until about 9:30. We had a nice dinner with my GD last night, her kobo had completely charged and we loaded more books for her and I showed her a few of the functions. So, if this charge lasts awhile then we know that the charger is ok and probably just got knocked loose during the initial charge or something. She's ready Clockwork Orange which I read at her age. She's also reading a Margaret Atwood book too that sounds good. Glad that she's loving the kobo.

Today I want to do a bit of laundry and put away the Xmas gifts under the tree. We have bit more turkey for one more meal of leftovers. I am enjoying the reprieve from cooking dinner. I have to say that I just love the soup I made. I changed it a bit and added in a can of black beans and added some Frank's siracha (sp?) hot sauce, about 1/2 tsp. I used a jar of green enchilada sauce which I think was less than the recipe called for but it seemed to be ok but if I had two jars I would have put more in it. So I have 7 jars full; I'll keep 2 out for lunch this week and the rest go into the freezer for another time. I will definitely be making this again. I let Bailey try it last night and she loved it too. I'll sprinkle a few crumbled up baked tortilla strips into it with a sprinkle of spiced mexican cheese....yum!

Chris - how wonderful that your parents got the car door for your son. I wouldn't feel guilty about not being able to get out to shovel snow if needed this year, sounds like you do so much already, you need to set limits for yourself and get enough rest.

Nancy - I bet Luther is soooo happy with the fenced yard. Taz loves to run around our yard, sniffing all the leaves and sticks to find just the right one to chew on. It makes me laugh, how he will look and look and then all of a sudden he'll find the right one and go tearing across the yard 100 mpm to get into the house with his leaf or stick to chew on. There is always a stick or two lying on the LR carpet somewhere as he sneaks them in all the time .

Trudy - hope you heard the family travelled safely and am enjoying your quiet breakfast. Good for you for going swimming and getting some exercise. Either today or tomorrow I would like to get in a light workout at the gym. It's been months since I've been.

I'm hoping to squeeze in a bit of scrapping today. Have a great day, everyone!