Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Chatter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chatter Here's the spot for talking about anything and everything!

Old 12-28-2015, 06:14 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Daily Ooo's: Monday, December 28

Ok my lOvelies, time for me to buckle down and get s*** done! (Although isn't that what I was trying to do for the last several days???)

I am sloooowly staring to feel a but better, pain is going down and hopefully that means the fatigue and tremors will too.
My mom got me a FitBit with the Heart Rate monitor to help me keep track of those swings (my resting heart rate was 95 last night!) but I am being really good with it, I am not logging any food or calorie burning. I have to find out if there is a way to get rid of the notification asking me to set up a meal plan. Cait was so sweet checking in with me that it wouldn't trigger me to get my eating out of whack. But after eating so much junk the last several days, I ate almost half a container of grape tomatoes with dinner last night and I joked that my soul was happy from them.

The weather was nice again, and Scott and Leah wanted to do something outdoors but couldn't figure out what. Leah suggested taking one of the dogs to the dog park so I offered to go with so we could bring both. Jaida was so excited and wound up when we pulled into the parking area that she literally took me down.She tried to get out of the car, jumping over Ray and wouldn't stop even though I was holding onto her leash. Crazy dog! There were a lot of dogs and a lot of mud and a lot of running and dog slobber. I had to joke that the dogs were all enjoying global warming too.

I have a quiet day here, and I am going to try to get some small things done here. The weather has changed and it is cold, and we are supposed to get snow/ice tonight. I have to go food shopping tomorrow, but it is supposed to get over freezing so that shouldn't be an issue but I will be sad to see the warm-ish temps go.

I have so much O-work to do too, so after I get some of the house stuff done I will reward myself with that.

And coffee. Coffee is always a good reward!

hugs to all of you!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 12-28-2015, 06:32 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

jean- good morning! yes, it has been quiet here in the Ooos, but I hope that means everyone is having a nice time chilling out with family and friends, or puttering happily in their homes.
Has the weather been warm by you too? Have you been able to get any good bird watching in?

Nancy- what a fab way to spend Christmas Eve/Day. We saw a lot of people out on the street when we were driving home from my mom's too. How funny that your DS and GF tapped you on your watch
yay for the fence!!!!! Luther is going to be so happy being able to run!
Hehe! I just asked Jean about the birds and I should have known you would be happy with this weather for that too.

Trudy- Thank goodness for Skype! But still, it will be better to have them all in person-- my fingers are crossed for next year!
Have you figured out your FitBit yet? I am still working on mine.
I have to say that I am getting in way more steps than I thought I was- not doing much of anything yesterday, I was almost at 9,000. I have to see if my stride is set correctly- it said that it automatically based on height and gender, but who knows?

Rae- So happy to hear you had a calm morning, hope the rest of the day went well too. There is a Chicken and Wild Rice recipe- I think from Hungry Girl, that is sooo good. I use regular half and half in it so it isn;t as low cal/fat as in the original recipe. I will see if I can find it.

Claire- I am so sorry that you got sick while your family was all together. But it sounds like you had a lovely time with them anyway. I hope that you are feeling better today!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 12-28-2015, 06:57 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I cannot find the soup recipes, Rae-- But I will keep looking.

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Last edited by faerywings; 12-28-2015 at 06:59 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:54 AM
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

good morning - yesterday was so fun! I went to my son and DIL's and traded presents. It was fun! Then my DH took me to the open practice as the kids did not want to watch and they came later to the autograph signing. I got my Jordin Tootoo signature on my page so I got all the Devils that were on that page and then I got the Captain Andy Green and my two Swedish players. It is one of my favorite photos. So I had a great time. Came home and finally decided to get the Kuerig to work. My son gave it to my DH so he can quickly make hot tea or hot chocolate. We my DH just took it out of the box but I got it to work. Well it makes great coffee. Son gave us some flavored coffees and hot chocolate to try. My DH loved the hot chocolate so it is good. Then went to a new local Mexican restaurant and had a Margarita. It was really good. We had our friends and son and DIL and it was a great time! We made plans for the next Sunday night too. She is retiring in Feb and her hubby just retired this month so it was fun to see them so relaxed. And now this morning they are putting in the fence. Got Luther his good morning walk in and now he is sleeping and I am watching the USA play Sweden in the World Juniors.

Chris so glad that you are feeling better! And yes scrapping is a great reward for cleaning. I can see how dogs pull one down. Luther does not get to go as fast with me as when he runs with my DH but I am sure he is smart enough to figure that out. Chris it is funny about the weather and birds. With cold weather we expect the birds from Canada to come down and the summer fall birds to be gone further south so we missed out on some but got others we did not expect. But I don't really care as I am out for the walk and seeing any bird!

Rae so glad that you finally had a calm morning. Also awesome to have left overs. My DH made us turkey salad. So I don't have to cook either.

Claire glad your cold is getting better. Your Christmas sounds wonderful so glad you had your family together.

Have a great day all!
Old 12-28-2015, 12:10 PM

O is my home!

Good morning, ladies. The sun is out this morning so after a few sips of coffee, I threw some clothes on and got Taz outside to play with his buddy, Bruin, who was waiting at the door for me to open it. Taz jumps around all excited when Bruin comes to the door so I always know when he is out there. They played for 20 min or so and then we came back in so I could have more coffee and start figuring out what recipe to make for my leftover chicken. TY Chris, for mentioning Hungry Girl. I didn't find the recipe you mentioned but I found another of her chicken recipes in my HG 300 Under 300 recipe book. I'm making The Whole Enchilada Chicken Soup recipe. I'm intrigued as to what the flavor will be (there is pumpkin and green enchilada sauce in it). I'll let you guys know if it's good and then I'll share the recipe. I've got Bailey (oldest GD) coming over for dinner today and we'll look at her new e-reader. It lost the charge pretty quick so she was charging it yesterday and then today we'll see how it's doing and if we have to exchange it. My back is sore today so I'll have to keep stretching and not standing too long. The muscles in my lower back got twisted up in a car accident many years ago and there's a bit of arthritis in there now. I need to get back into the gym to start strengthing up again. I had stopped going to the gym for about 4 months b/c my back was really bad and I couldn't lift the weights or do an aerobics class so finally after gentle stretches and rest it greatly improved so I hope to get back in January to the gym.

Chris - glad you're feeling better. It's funny, you want the warm weather, and I want the cold and snow . It doesn't feel like winter here with all the rain and moderate temps. I want to see snow and icicles, but still be able to drive on the road though. I'm sure we'll get a bit in January, we usually do, at least for a few days.

Nancy - sounds like you had a fun time! Don't you love the Keurig? I do. I like the Xmas flavors. Starbucks and Timmies are good ones too. Even the MacDonald's dark roast is good which I wasn't expecting it to be. I tried some of the tea's for the Keurig and haven't liked any of them so far.

So I'm off to the produce market now. After all the rich food, pies, cookies and chocolate over the holiday, I need to get back to some healthier foods now. I'm craving a big salad.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:21 PM

O is my home!

I ended up pinning the recipe photo and putting in directions as it's easier to read the recipe off my ipad in pinterest than propping up the cookbook to read. Here it is, and I'll let you know how it tastes.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/153615037268177071/
Old 12-28-2015, 02:10 PM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Hey ladies a quick pop in here today, as we are headed to Victoria to see the new Star Wars movie at the iMax. We were going to go yesterday, but the roads were very icy and so we did not want to attempt to do the Malahat. No movie is worth crashing for

Chris I am still figuring out my fitbit also, but I love that it is pretty much automatic and tells me how many stairs I have done also. Now I just have to figure out how to set the caller id on it so I can see who is phoning me... too cool. My sister got an iWatch, I am so jealous, but it would have been a very extravagant stocking stuffer !! My poor other sister would never be able to afford one either, she loves gadgets and had so much fun helping our sister set her iWatch up all the time saying "Oh I would really love to have this!!" Poor sis!! One has so much and the other so little, but I think the one sister with everything is no where near as happy as the other. Goes to show you that money does make you truly happy!! I hope that you can spend some time doing some scrap therapy today, wish I could, but it won't happen until DH is back to work and out of my hair !!

Nancy - Sounds like a perfect day in your world yesterday!! All those autographs and a day filled with hockey, you and my DH really should get together you would have so much fun talking hockey!! It will be nice when you have your fence all finished and Luther can have the run of the backyard!!

Rae - Did you get the snow that they were predicting yesterday at all. We got a ton of rain, but no Up the valley where my one sister lives in Lake Cowichan got a ton of snow, but then it turned to rain and it is all gone now. The mountains are beautiful with lots of fresh snow on top, hopefully that is where it stays!! Your soup looks very good!! Hope it turned out good! I have a recipe for Cream of Chicken and Rice Soup that I got here from one of the designers at the time, very good!! Let me know if you want it. I went through a period of only being able to eat soup when I hurt my jaw and ended up TMJD could not chew for quite a while. You would think that I would have lost some weight...but ohhhh noooo not a single pound Dam thyroid!!!!

Well so much for my quick pop in here today . I better get the bathrooms cleaned and then get ready to head out. Have a great day everyone!!!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot