Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Chatter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chatter Here's the spot for talking about anything and everything!

Old 12-30-2015, 05:16 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Daily Ooo's: Wednesday, December 30

Good morning my darlin' O-Fam! I hope that everyone is enjoying their day.

Food shopping yesterday was so calm compare to how it was last week. I guess the weather kept a lot of people home. It was really slushy out and about.
Jaida was not sure what to make of the lawn. She sniffed and sniffed and kept sticking her nose all around to move the slush but didn't quite want to pee. hahah!! She has those pit bull jowls and it cracked me up seeing them flap around as she sniffed and blew. She finally did go, but it took a few tries. I wonder what she will be like when it actually "snows."

After i got home I started cooking dinner- Cait had been asking for the cauliflower tart but it takes all day to cook. But aside from that, I have *no idea* what I did all day. Although, the 4 of us were playing and laughing at the dogs for a good while. Since Gary took the tree out the other day, he decided to move a small love seat to where the tree was in the window, which opened up the living room area a lot. Jaida was zipping around the room (LR/DR and kitchen area is small but now all opened up), and Ray was tackling her and the play fighting is just funny- they are both crazy-dogs.

The other highlight of my day was what I ate-- I had 2 salads and an apple (along with my regular food, not just that!) and it felt sooooo good to eat real food. I did have a piece of cheesecake for a snack, but that counts as dairy and protein, right?

Today will be cleaning up a bit more of the house this morning, then off to clean for my neighbor in the afternoon. Absolutely *thrilling!*

What good stuff do you have going on?

for all!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery My Blog

Old 12-30-2015, 05:25 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I found the soup recipe- It wasn't Hungry Girl but Emily Bites.
http://www.emilybites.com/2013/12/cr...rice-soup.html
I think I might make that tonight.

Nancy- It will be really nice when the weather is too cold to go for walks with Luther to open the door and let him out. I am really wishing that Gary had helped me with training Jaida to go out on the lead, instead of having to be out on the leash. It hasn't been too bad so far, but you know me, I hate the cold!

Trudy- I hate hearing how the stress of kids doesn't get any easier as they get older- hope that your family made it out to heather's w/o any issue.
That clock radio sounds really neat, I am glad that she ended up liking it. I think my mom will like the ereader eventually, although I know she is going to be like me and still prefer a real book in her hands.
If you find anywhere that has tips on how to get the most out of the fitbit, I would love to check that out. I will do the same for you.
Aweome that you are back swimming!

Sharron-- we miss you here!!!!! I hope that you are doing great and still swimming too!

Rae- *fingers crossed that the kobo charge held* Reading is just so-- amazing and I love hearing that other people enjoy it. Scott said to me the other day how he wants to start reading again which makes my heart melt.
Hope that your work day went easy for ya!
Quote:
I wouldn't feel guilty about not being able to get out to shovel snow if needed this year, sounds like you do so much already
Who, me????

Hugs and love!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery My Blog

Last edited by faerywings; 12-30-2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:44 AM
Outta This World!

Morning! Well, I have "stuff" going on ... some falls into the good category, other is just, well, meh.

Good stuff - my senior VP's birthday is Friday, so we're all headed out for lunch at a Mexican restaurant today - and we have a piñata for him ... and it's not filled with candy. Oh, no. It's filled with little bottles of alcohol (we made sure they're all the plastic bottles, not the glass ones!). Just for a bit of fun.

Have a busy day today with a two-hour meeting this morning, then lunch, then a one hour meeting in the afternoon, and then I'll be looking forward to going home! I sat down and did a little scrapping last night (I hadn't scrapped in over a week and was having withdrawals!!), playing with some of the O challenges, and ssssoooo got my mojo back!

On a weather-related note, anyone have some snow to spare that they can throw my way?! We've had rain since Christmas Eve and warm temperatures (like 70+ on Christmas Eve!!) ... I need snow!
Old 12-30-2015, 05:47 AM
Outta This World!

Yum! Just checked out that chicken and rice soup, Chris - that looks good!! (and since it's back on the WW track next week, I need some ideas for shaking things up a bit)
Old 12-30-2015, 06:18 AM
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

good morning - My Devils won came from behind twice to win 3-2 with two goals in the 3rd period. It started out kind of slow but then it got exciting. They play again tonight but in Ottawa. Had a good day with Luther got him a morning walk in drizzle and just as we got home it turned into a pouring rain so was happy to have timed that well and then just before the hockey game got him out for a short walk. Now this am my husband has taken him on a walk. The University is between semester so his hours are more flexible. Today I have no plans but scrapping.

Chris so glad that the shopping went well. What an interesting dinner a tart! I was over at my son's before the game and it is fun to see how his two dogs interact. I am going to have to get them over and play with Rex if he does not scare them .

Trudy hope the kids made it safely! The weather in my part of NJ has been gray and rain and I would love to see some sunshine! Sounds like every where the weather is crazy. Did you make it to Star Wars I don remember if you said? I bet you enjoyed being in the water again.

Rae so glad that the Kobo is holding it charge. Reading is so fun when not a struggle. So glad the soup turned out so well.

Kat sounds like a fun day with the piñata! Good thinking on the plastic bottles! have a great time!

Have a great day all!
Old 12-30-2015, 10:41 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Good morning ladies... apparently we had an Earthquake last night?? It was a 4.5 on the richter scale. I never felt a thing, but did wake up thinking that there was something walking across the bedroom floor like the cat or something and it was at the time of the Quake. I remember thinking what the heck has my Mr. Abu come back to haunt me lol. No damage anywhere although my son's In-laws reported that the drawers in their dresser table came open and some things fell off the top of it. They keep saying that we will have the BIG ONE one day, but what can we do except try to be prepared for it. Kids arrived safely to Heather's at around 3pm yesterday, I was happy to get the txt from my son!! He knows that I worry about them so he is pretty good at letting me know when they arrive anywhere. They are having lots of fun together and spending the day with the kids in the city of London today taking them to a huge jungle gym fun place there. Jason called this morning to see if we were ok after the Quake, but laughed when I said that I really did not feel a thing. He was glad to hear that all was well.

Chris - I am enjoying the fitbit and will track my steps today as I head out for a long walk later this morning. I can track my swimming too but of course can't wear the fitbit in the pool darn it. Just have to put down how miles miles or metres I swim and how long it takes me to do that. Wore it to bed the last couple of nights and as suspected I do not sleep well. I was awake 4 times last night and restless 17 times so only averaging about 4.5 to 5 hrs of sleep. I will let you know if find any great little tips for the fitbit, but the app that you can download for your phone is pretty good at explaining anything you need to know. BTW that soup recipe looks great, I will have to try it out for sure!

Kat - Sounds like you are going to have an interesting lunch hour on Friday! What a great idea to fill the piñata with booze!! Bet he gets a kick out of it! Really? you want After years living on the prairie I never want to see snow on the ground again!! Love to see it on the Mountain tops, but hope it just stays there!!

Nancy - Glad to hear that your Devils did well for you last night! Bruins kicked butt too and hubby and I were both cheering them on. They are starting to look more like the Big Bad Bruins of old, but still not quite the team that they had before. It was good to see them win! I did make it to Star Wars and saw it in the iMax theatre in 3D it was awesome!! I laughed when I saw how they still make the bad guys look like Nazi's the colours the uniforms, guess they did it on purpose, we really enjoyed it and it made me remember watching the original three movies with my son who was a total Star Wars nut!!

Rae - We will probably cross post again, so I will say hey and happy to hear that the soup turned out so great, I will have to try that one also. We had a soup like that when we were in Puerto Vallarta last year...so good!! BTW I got your header for your challenge all done and posted to your challenge thread. Hope you like it!

Hope you all have a wonderful day, I have to get dressed and out the door for my walk, then off to the grocery store. I am going to surprise DH with ChateauBriand for two for our New Years Eve dinner, hope it doesn't cost me an arm and leg for the meat!! See you all later

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 12-30-2015, 11:10 AM

O is my home!

Good morning, ladies. Yes, Trudy....we always seem to post just a few minutes apart, don't we? Looks like we will have at least 4-5 days of sun now...woohoo! I was getting so tired of all the rain. Dropped Taz at doggie daycare and am looking forward to a moderate workday so can fit in some "me" time today too.

Chris - pinned that soup recipes. TY. I also love the blog and will start reading her regularly. I was reading her post about the new WW. I am a lifer but am 20 lbs over my goal. I don't have time to go to meetings every week but I've been thinking about doing the online program and after reading her article, I am even more interested in joining up again. It's become more of a low healthy carb plan. That fits in with my lifestyle more.

Kat - the lunch sounds like fun!

Nancy - walking in a drizzle is much better than a downpour. I hate that.

BTW....I felt that earthquake too. It woke me up and the dresser was shaking and rattling. I thought I was dreaming and went back to sleep.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:16 PM
Outta This World!

Just a quick check in before I turn the computer off. Yay, got my challenge page done and posted. Might have time for one more before the clock strikes midnight tomorrow. The piñata was awesome! Even better, the staff at the restaurant were told it was the VP's birthday, so they came out with dessert, plonked a huge sombrero on his head and sang him happy birthday - in Spanish. He was suitable embarrassed

Hoping to get out of the office early tomorrow so I can come home and just chill for a bit. The boys will be out running errands, so might be just some girl time - me and my puppy It will be nice while it lasts

Rae - funny with you and Trudy posting over each other ... Chris and I are sometimes like that first thing in the morning.